Supermarket Self Service

Started by Alex, October 06, 2022, 03:10:54 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

From another forum:
Dear Asda, Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons, B&Q, even Matalan now !  and any other store that has self checkout —
You are almost exclusively self-checkout now. The last time I was shopping, there was an assistant checking receipts at the exit stopping everyone.
I didn't choose to participate in that nonsense, so I just skipped the exit line and left. I heard her saying "Sir, sir, excuse me sir" as I kept walking and raised the receipt above my head, leaving the store.
You can either trust me to do self-checkout, or you can put your cashiers back in place like it used to be. I'm not interested in proving that I did your job for you. You want me to be a cashier with no training, then that's your problem not mine. Don't Audit me for a position you refuse to employ any longer.
Signed,
All of us

I must admit I don't mind the supermarket self checkout, but to operate the Matalan self serve you have to be on the ball.  First remove the hanger from the item, remove any security tag, scan the bar code using a hand held scanner, while holding the item in your other hand.  Finally pay, or give up and go to M & S

Scrumpy

I don't mind self checkout but only if I have few items.. 
I find it a nuisance when the machine plays up and you have to wait for assistance.. 
I don't know about having my receipt checked.. I guess it stops any of those who try to cheat the system... 
I couldn't get a cucumber to register once.. So I just didn't pay for it.. Naughty.. yes.. but I couldn't be bothered ... But I wouldn't have done it had it been a chicken..  :grin:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Diasi

I use the self-service tills as I only ever have a basket of goods & I free-up the cashier checkouts for the trolley customers.

I've had the odd item that wouldn't scan, mainly price-reduced ones, but I've never been in such a hurry that I couldn't wait a couple of minutes for the assistant to put it through for me.

I've had my receipt checked once when a tagged item hadn't been deactivated when scanned, but that only took a minute & wasn't an issue.

I also told the security guy not to apologise for doing his job.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]