We went to the pub

Started by Sheila, September 14, 2022, 09:29:22 AM

« previous - next »

Sheila

Last night we decided to go to the pub for a meal.  It's about a fifteen minute walk and when we got there, the kitchen was closed so we decided to get a bus to the next village.  

We got a bus home that follows a different route and the bus driver asked me if I knew the way!  Bear in mind that I hadn't been on a bus for about three years and Paul had no idea.  The route winds round an estate and I wasn't confident.  The driver made no concession for the fact that I was a pensioner hanging onto a small rail next to him (and that I had had two glasses of wine).

After a while, when I knew that Paul would know the way from where we were, I asked Paul to swap places and the driver told Paul that he had never been so stressed.  When we got off the bus, we tried to tell him which way we thought he should go but I wonder what happened to him?

Ashy

Bus drivers should be telepathic.

Scrumpy

The magical mystery tour..  :smiley: 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Quote from: Ashy on September 14, 2022, 09:32:34 AMBus drivers should be telepathic.
Or shown the route by a driver who knows it well several times before being put on it.

Sheila

I suspect that there is a shortage of staff.  That was certainly the case at the first pub as the kitchen had to be closed.

Ashy

Quote from: klondike on September 14, 2022, 09:37:04 AMOr shown the route by a driver who knows it well several times before being put on it.
I agree, a bus is a large vehicle and driving it inappropriately can cause injury or death. Not knowing the route is not a very good excuse.

klondike

It amazes me how they navigate some places that were originally designed when only the rich had their own transport and that was a horse and cart. Now even the oiks can get their own old banger but have no dedicated parking the streets look like abandonment central.