Good Morning, Whatcha Up To The Day?

Started by Raven, December 15, 2021, 12:33:18 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

I am going to defrost my freezer.. It looks good sat in the corner with it's lovely rounded edges.. But it is not self defrost... I hate the bloody job..  One good point.. I can chuck out all the crap and start again..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Mine is a self defrost but only the fridge bit or at least only that bit of it works. I use a hair dryer and judicious chipping to speed things up.

I still have the previous freezer as a spare down the cellar so turn that on and move the stuff to it to avoid spoilage.

Scrumpy

klondike

Figs need more attention than dates. Dates are loaded up with sugars and last ages.  :grin:

Alex

I have no idea what I'm going to do today, but it's cold and drizzling here.  Perhaps I could find a warm corner in the local library ? or use my free bus pass and 'hop' on a bus over to Liverpool ? Cheshire Oaks would require less effort, so perhaps I can take a wander over there later and have a coffee and a slice of cake in their cafe ?  Decisions decisions...

GrannyMac

I'm staying at my daughter's while she and her OH have a couple of days away. Got granddaughter off to school then caught the bus into Doncaster.  Hi Crabby   :smiley: 

It goes into the airport, which we found out yesterday is closing. Such a loss to South Yorks, to all the businesses that have set up, and the people who have bought houses there.  So much for levelling up!
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

The junk mail storm I used to get has subsided. If it hadn't I could have opened up the fireplace and used that instead of cramming the recycling bin. As it is I'm  afraid it's CH plus jumpers. Maybe a lie in with the overblanket on and likewise with an early night if it gets really cold. Alternately just spend the kids inheritance. If inflation continues it will be worth bugger all anyway.

If you have cash savings it's probably a good time to replace aging appliances. The prices will only go up and I bet the increased interest rates neither keep step or probably even get applied to easy access savings. They have everybody by the short and curlies.

Scrumpy

I've done the freezer.. Today I will have a Crispy fish finger roll with fries.. sorted..

Scrumpy

Today I SAW a doctor.. She was real.. and I saw her whole body.. Legs, arms.. the lot..

klondike

I saw a couple of posh cars in the staff car park when I went to the surgery to see a nurse yesterday but they may just be decoys to fool folks into thinking there may be a couple of those mythical beasts in there.

Raven

Morning, Bright n sunny here so I'm getting the bedding and the towels washed and out on the ropes before the storm hits. By tomorrow the place will be far too wet n windy so I'm getting things done today. :halo:
Need to head over to Wick for my monthly stock up of things I can't get here, but that will have to wait untill the beddings dry. Will take The Hairy One as well, because we love the walk over to the Castle Sinclair Girnigoe ruins, and it's been several months since we went, as the place is always hooching with tourists in the summer months. :boo: But they have nearly all gone back to where they came from and peace has returned. :yahoo:

klondike

If you didn't get tourists there is every chance that your local shops would close down and you'd need to go to Wick for everything....

Raven

The tourists we get these days all come in their bloody great camper vans. All stocked up from their local supermarkets before they come. Parking where they feel like it. Leaving their mess everywhere. Never see them in the wee local shops.

klondike

Alex

The Welsh are the same when it comes to tourists, they don't want them, but they do want their $ £ €