Good Morning, Whatcha Up To The Day?

Started by Raven, December 15, 2021, 12:33:18 PM

« previous - next »

hugh

Good morning every one. My lawn had some very welcomed rain over night and its now a bright sunny morning. Nothing much planned for the day apart from a little weeding in the rock[size=110%]ery. I will get the deck chair out and have a very relaxing day. Little Roxy will make sure I get my daily exercise.[/size] :grin: :grin: [size=110%] [/size]
Happy Golfer

Michael Rolls

Have a good day, Hugh - you deserve it
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Virgin engineer coming today between 8-12... You bet I'm in the loo when the doorbell rings..  :smiley:
Sunshine today..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

I have an PIR sounder that goes off when somebody comes in the gate from the days when the doorbell was unreliable.

I'd had an email from RM saying a signed for package would be arriving between 10:38 and 12:38. I was having a pee about 10:30 and the sounder went off. I finished up quick and rushed to the door. It was my neighbour bringing my emptied bin in (whoever sees them first brings both in). While nattering with the neighbour the postie went past and no parcel.

I'd been putting off a shower but gave up on the delivery and had one. The parcel eventually arrived on the doorstep about 1:30pm and by the time I got to the door I just saw the postie disappearing. He had done the useless squiggle their signed for machine takes himself.

Raven

Walked the dog early and met a pal in the park so sat and yapped while the dogs played. Washing on just now then got to water the stuff in the greenhouse. After lunch it's Stable Duties and Clydie Grooming for me, followed by a long hot shower. Out to dinner at Scrabster this evening then meeting friends afterwards in the Village Pub.

Scrumpy

Family gathering today.. Sunshine.. I'm in a frock.. Umbrella up..

Alex

I've been tidying up the patio and garden, got my gang coming round later.  It's a bit dull this morning. but hoping for some sunshine later.  :upvote:

zoony

Quote from: Scrumpy on May 08, 2022, 11:56:47 AM

Family gathering today.. Sunshine.. I'm in a frock.. Umbrella up..

Sounds lovely Scrumps. Enjoy! :upvote:

Michael Rolls

Niall (son/stepson) phoned - latest one to test positive, although he felt a bot rough yesterday, not really affecting him
Mike
[email protected]

Raven

Very lazy day today for me, after yesterday's busy busy. Back to the usual tomorrow as it's Monday again.

Michael Rolls

Neighbour coming to dinner 1830 - nothing fancy, just steak and chips, cheese and bikkies
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Virgin man coming this morning..  I won't hold my breath..  :smiley:

Raven

I dumped Virgin years ago. Got too expensive, they kept putting the monthly payments up, and their service is practically non existent. They never wanted to send an engineer out for anything, be it Internet, TV Box, or phone. :angry:
In the end I told them to get stuffed and end my account. I no longer had a land-line, and I got a record Freeview Box.

klondike

Horrible company. I was glad to escape them.

Their business model seems to be to increase prices a lot at the end of the contract minimum term then offer a "generous" reduction in return for a fresh minimum contract term. When the local area becomes over subscribed performance drops off badly (often very badly) and they take an age to fix it. They often screw up existing connections when adding new ones too. Finding a CS rep you can understand is a challenge. Finding one who manages to get the problem sorted first time is rare indeed.

Scrumpy

Oh ! dear..  I suppose it is better the devil you know..  :sad: