Did you learn anything today ?

Started by Alex, July 03, 2022, 06:44:50 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

Let me spill the beans on my undercover surveillance...

Certainly Debbie is undercover. The id is using a VPN that terminates in Tokyo and an unusual email provider that boasts anonymity and security. I'm not sure what the game is but I'm watching....

It could just be a normal pensioner with a geek child trying to keep her safe online. I have no ideas and no posts that I recall seem to offer much of a clue. The English is a trifle stilted in one or two posts.

Raven

I certainly did, I learned NOT to bust a gut trying to help someone online.

Alex

Quote from: Raven on September 23, 2022, 10:05:24 AMI certainly did, I learned NOT to bust a gut trying to help someone online.

Mother ship  ?   :smiley:

Today I learned not to feel guilty over something I have no control over

Raven

Jacqueline

Yes I learned that the Tories are going to do nothing to help me at all.  Bankers yes, higher rate tax payers yes, people on lower incomes, no.  

Bring back Boris, bloody Liz Truss, bloody queezy whatever's his name, making her the new PM probably hastened the Queen's demise!!!!!!

Scrumpy

Quote from: Raven on September 23, 2022, 10:05:24 AMI certainly did, I learned NOT to bust a gut trying to help someone online.
:grin: :grin: Are you going to tell.. !!
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Scrumpy

That I am not mentioned in the Rich List.. and never likely to be.

klondike

I learned yesterday that sometimes miracles happen.  They can even come in pairs. My NHS hearing test appointment came though and it's on 10th October (miracle one). The letter said I need to get my ears checked by GP nurse 2 weeks prior to that for ear wax or infection (presumably so a timely cancellation can be made) and when I called yesterday I got an appointment for today at 10am (miracle 2). Setting off in a little while.

Scrumpy

klondike

What?

I forgot to mention that I'm having my eyes tested too at 2 o'clock. If they fix those it will be miracle 3.

Alex

Ashy

I checked the obituary column and I'm not in it.

GrannyMac

I got my second new ear bud yesterday, both aids recently recalibrated. They work well.

klondike, the foam used to make your ear moulds feels odd, complete deafness! Weird.just letting you know. I hope eyes and ears all sorted soon.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

Thanks. The hearing thing is odd. I can hear news and documentaries ok but TV series or movies not so well. One to one people usually ok but any extraneous noise and things can be tricky. Small children are often unintelligible.

Rnid test does numbers with background noise. It said I should get a test.
Several others use a different test with different frequencies and they show my higher frequency hearing is poor and said get a test.

So I've got a test. Nurse said I was a very good boy for keeping my lugholes clean.

Eyes started out back in the hot weather when my dry eye got bad and I was constantly using eye drops. An outpatient exam fitted me with tear duct blockers and they booked me in for the fuller testing today. They are a lot better now with the odd bad day. Never perfect though.

Scrumpy

Blimey Klondike.. You are rapidly going down hill.. :grin:

September 27, 2022, 11:19:54 AM
Quote from: Ashy on September 27, 2022, 10:23:11 AMI checked the obituary column and I'm not in it.
:grin: :grin: :grin: