convenience meals ,

Started by alfred, June 29, 2022, 10:11:48 AM

« previous - next »

alfred

There are times for many of us to buy convenience meals , and of course these handy packets are ideal for the microwave ovens, time savers, saving energy as they don't cost that much to run and quicker to have a meal in next to no time ,

of course do people  cook as our mothers used to cook , food preparation, scrubbing,  scraping  
peeling , and the time spent waiting in the kitchen as they kept an eye so as not to burn the food ,

even multitasking as they did other jobs in between ,
although for many of us you cant beat a good Sunday roast with  all the trimmings 
the idea of having a convenience meal is handy although not very filling as the packet doesn't have the benefits of a home made cooked meal .
and for  people living in a bed sit its most likely very handy buying foods that can be cooked in a microwave oven , and saving time as well,

Q; what thoughts have you when comparing microwave food to home made oven cooked meals , and will you share your thoughts with us,.

Michael Rolls

I rely on ready meals virtually all the time, some are oven only, some I get to choose. Occasionally cook for myself but always something simple. Only cook 'properly' if entertaining- sadly, much less frequently due to Covid. I enjoy cooking provided there are at least two diners
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

There are some great tasting ready meals to be had.. They are so much tastier than they once were..
I often use them.. I do cook for myself ..but buying small quantities of foodstuff can become tiring..
I love to entertain.. and cook a variety of food.. Doggy bags are popular here..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..