William Roache

Started by Alex, April 25, 2022, 10:26:36 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

William Roache or Ken Barlow of Coronation Street fame is 90 years old today and his son has released this photo taken at 'Ken's' Cheshire home.  He looks great for his age !

klondike

Alex

Yes but he comes and goes as do a few of the older ones.  Corrie is crap now unfortunately, the northern humour has been lost.

klondike

Humour? I recall the Ogdens and Battersby but never actually watched it. Just caught odd bits.

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on April 25, 2022, 10:57:04 AM
Yes but he comes and goes as do a few of the older ones.  Corrie is crap now unfortunately, the northern humour has been lost.

Like all the soaps, it's become woke & PC, with liberal amounts of LGBT & racial awareness indoctrination.

I only watch Emmerdale & Corrie, but I doubt that any of the soaps reflect the way that the bulk of the residents of the places portrayed actually live.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Sheila

I still watch Corrie (there isn't much else on!) and it does still have an occasional funny moment.

I agree, William Roache is fantastic for his age.

Scrumpy

I sometimes have a look at Emmerdale when I happen to be flicking through the channels..
  The storyline hasn't been too bad of late.. There was a woman going around on a killing spree.. and people kept jumping/ falling off a bridge..
I don't watch any other soap now.. I used to a long while back..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

GrannyMac

Quote from: Sheila on April 25, 2022, 12:41:49 PM
I still watch Corrie (there isn't much else on!) and it does still have an occasional funny moment.

I agree, William Roache is fantastic for his age.

Me too, and there are odd moments of humour. And he really does!
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖