Gas Prices.

Started by Raven, November 06, 2022, 07:08:20 AM

« previous - next »

Raven

Sooooooo, It's the governments fault both past and present. It seems they were warned several times but decided to ignore it.

BBC News - Why high UK energy bills were decades in the making
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63477214

Michael Rolls

not surprised at all. Successive governments have ignored any likelihood of problems - much less difficult to just bury your head in the sand. One such was Nick Clegg - when Cameron had to go into partnership with the Lib Dems in 2010 two of the demands the LB made where the vote on proportional representation and no nuclear power stations as, in Clegg's words 'it will take 10 years to bring them on line'. So we could have had them by 2020!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Sheila

I had to laugh at myself yesterday.  The smart meter in the kitchen was well into the red while I was making dinner and I was keeping an eye on it as it shot up and down (there didn't seem to be much logic there) and then Paul went up to the bathroom and the water meter under the sink was clicking away insanely.

I think the media will have us all nervous wrecks about the bills.

Alex

My water meter is outside at the end of the drive, I don't know how often they read it - if at all !

klondike

Ours only used to get read once or twice a year. It got changed to a smart meter but I think they still read it manually occasionally.

Cassandra

Quote from: Michael Rolls on November 06, 2022, 07:40:51 AMnot surprised at all. Successive governments have ignored any likelihood of problems - much less difficult to just bury your head in the sand. One such was Nick Clegg - when Cameron had to go into partnership with the Lib Dems in 2010 two of the demands the LB made where the vote on proportional representation and no nuclear power stations as, in Clegg's words 'it will take 10 years to bring them on line'. So we could have had them by 2020!

Yes and Clogg is making a fine job of wrecking 'Facebook' or should I refer to this shit now as 'Meta' for £3.5 million squids remuneration. Still, never mind damn good luck to him in reducing that revolting little maggot 'Zuckerburg' to his last $35 billion!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...