How smug..

Started by Scrumpy, May 27, 2022, 08:44:49 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

How smug..
Rishi Sunak looked when explaining how they were going to help us with our rising costs .

He spoke as if he had been up for many nights working out how to help us..
Making us believe that this was always the plan..
He spoke as if he understood how many of us are struggling..
When the truth is they are trying to save their own necks after the bloody shambles of the last few months..
The Sue Gray (report) has made them realise that they have been naughty and need to hand out a sweetener..
They don't fool this old girl..

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

You possibly forgot that he is a politician?

Alex

And is it a coincidence that the latest immigration figures were released yesterday by the Home Office  ? I think not.   

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/immigration-statistics-year-ending-march-2022/summary-of-latest-statistics

klondike

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/well-thats-us-sorted-for-life-say-britons-getting-400-quid-20220527221497

Well that's us sorted for life, say Britons getting 400 quid
27th May 2022

GRATEFUL Britons are relieved that the cost of living crisis is now over thanks to Rishi Sunak's incredibly generous one-off payment of £400.

With the cash bonanza due in just three months' time, millions of people are planning luxurious lifestyle changes such as being warm, not living off instant noodles and doing the washing up with hot water.

Father-of-two Tom Logan said: "After worrying about every penny, we're finally where we want to be financially. I said to my wife Clare, 'If you want to put the oven on and heat up a Tesco lasagne, you do it. Money no object.'

"Obviously £400 changes everything, but we won't forget where we came from. Last night we put the heating on and invited all our friends round to sit by the radiator. When you're doing well in life it's important to give something back."

Nikki Hollis, 28, said: "Like so many of my generation, I'm sick of renting and want to get on the property ladder. What I'll do is withdraw some of my cost-of-living payment and put down a deposit on a two-bed semi. It'll cover that, right?"

However Wayne Hayes, 19, said: "Spend it while you've got it, I say. Tonight I'm having an extra-large doner, then tomorrow I'm going to my local Porsche dealership to see what they can fix me up with."

Conservative MP Susan Traherne said: "I would remind Britons that the £400 is for gas and electricity. I'd have preferred that we pay it in instalments, say £3 a week, and only if you can prove you don't smoke or own a TV."