That's the way to do it

Started by klondike, December 16, 2022, 09:54:01 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

Iraqis Trying to Enter Australia by Boat Stopped at Sea, Returned to Indonesia

Thirteen Iraqis have been stopped and turned back mid-ocean as they tried to enter Australia by small boat from Indonesia.

Canberra made the decision to order them back to their point of departure Sunday, according to a local police chief in the South-East Asian nation's southernmost province.

The Sydney Morning Herald (SMH) reports the attempted entry took place in north-west Australian waters at Ashmore Reef, 600 kilometres north of Broome. The stoppage and repatriation was carried out by officers from the Australian Border Force patrolling the area.

The original vessel was seized, the crew told Indonesian police, and the passengers and crew were returned to Indonesia on a different boat, the SMH report sets out.

They were taken to a local police station after initially arriving at Rote island on Wednesday.

"The information is that [the wooden boat] was held back by the Australian customs," Rote Ndao police chief I Nyoman Putra Sandita said.

He said according to one of the Iraqis on board, the group left Iraq on November 11 and travelled to Jakarta and Makassar, the capital of South Sulawesi province, before heading to Rote Ndao, from where they departed for Australia.

Their return was in keeping with Australia's policy of never allowing migrants to land to claim asylum.

Watch below as Australia warns illegal boat journeys will fail:   

In the full story - https://www.breitbart.com/asia/2022/12/16/iraqis-trying-to-enter-australia-by-boat-stopped-at-sea-returned-to-indonesia/

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Ashy

We can but the powers that be have chosen not to.
They will not accept responsibility for this and so blame the ECHR or anyone else around.

Raven

Quote from: Ashy on December 16, 2022, 10:16:39 AMWe can but the powers that be have chosen not to.
They will not accept responsibility for this and so blame the ECHR or anyone else around.

:yell:  :angry:  :yell:  :angry:

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]