Main Menu

Frame Up

Started by Ashy, February 13, 2024, 04:01:58 PM

« previous - next »

Ashy

We bought a new picture and my wife asked me when I am going to hang it.

I offered her the conservative way or the labour way. She chose the conservative way, so I said I would hang it after the next election and blame somebody else for not doing it in the mean time.

klondike

Scrumpy

And the Labour way.. !!  
  No tools .!!! 
... so... No hanging..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

The LibDem way 

When it falls down that's OK as we can blame whichever of the other two was in charge without bothering to ever say how we would have done things til after the event.

dextrous63

Money no object for the Labour way.

Backhanders for the boys to fail to produce the goods for the conservative way.

Free parking for your camper vans for the SDP way.

klondike

Oddly the SDP were still around last I heard and I thought they died out as a party after the merger with the Liberals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_Democratic_Party_(UK)

Shortly after its formation, the SDP formed a political and electoral alliance with the Liberal Party, the SDP–Liberal Alliance, which lasted through the 1983 and 1987 general elections. In 1988, the two parties merged, forming the Social and Liberal Democrats, later renamed the Liberal Democrats,[11] although a minority, led by Owen, left to form a continuing SDP.

I think their closest rivals are usually the Official Monster Raving Loony Party

dextrous63

Oops.  Meant SNP😳

Raven

Quote from: dextrous63 on February 13, 2024, 05:58:56 PMOops.  Meant SNP😳

Errr, When did the SNP get involved with the Liberals? It's those bloody Greens they have to power share with.  :boo:

dextrous63

Noooh.  Go back to my post and replace SDP with SNP.  Hopefully it'll make more sense then.

klondike

I just saw SDP and missed the obvious joke. Had it been LibDems which I thought was meant then they promise whatever they think will get them votes. As do the rest of course. The advantage the LibDems have is that they will never get pulled up on failing to deliver on their promises.