How to lose customers

Started by klondike, January 18, 2023, 02:13:50 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

A recent MSE newsletter mentioned some decent sounding cash ISAs. I liked the look of one by Barclays. Most were apply online but it said that one you applied in branch. I took the bus into town and went in.

Nobody in branch apart from 4 bored looking ladies. I asked about opening the account. It seems I need to get the app. Register a profile whatever that may involve. Phone into branch to arrange an appointment then go in to open it.

I told them thst all sounded far too complicated and walked out. I'll look at one of the register online ones instead.

Raven

So sick of everything moving online, so many older people and others have no computer, no access to one or don't know how to use one. :boo:
It's fine bringing it in gradually but they need to keep the old ways alive as well. Me......When told it's online only I say no, can't do it and if your company wants online only then they need lessons in Customer Service. I will go to some place that actually cares.Then out the door I go, muttering just loud enough about asswipe  companies and their Snowflake Staff.  :angry:
I'm nice like that. 😏

klondike

I don't mind the online bit it's the bloody rigmarole to get them to accept my money.

Raven

I know what your saying,  :smiley: I just hate being forced to move online. I am not computer savvy, I can work what I need to. FB, Forum, Ebay ect ect but when it comes to business and form filling, questions I can't get answers to before putting in my answer, I just think Screw You.

1955vintage

Collective noun of bankers is a wunch.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

Jacqueline

Bloody Barclays! I have been with them for 50 years, I really should move to another bank but I really don't know how to change all my DD's Pension payments etc. 

Not only have they gone all machines in there, they were most unhelpful when I asked about the Blue Rewards and the higher rate savings account you get with it, "you have to do it online" I was told, "have you got the App?" I said I didn't know what an App was, was told "bring your device in and we will help you" I said I can't bring in my computer I can't carry it on the bus, got a funny look.  No help for the old, they treat you with contempt.  

klondike

Quote from: Jacqueline on January 18, 2023, 06:09:55 PMBloody Barclays! I have been with them for 50 years, I really should move to another bank but I really don't know how to change all my DD's Pension payments etc.
These days the banks are supposed to handle all that for you. Many offer golden hellos too.

https://www.currentaccountswitch.co.uk/

Just as with doctors, power suppliers, governments etc. there is no guarantee that wherever you go will be any better.

GrannyMac

We still have a branch of Lloyds in the local shopping centre, and one right by the tram stop in the city centre.  A couple of % on my bit of savings will make little difference, so I prefer to stay put.  If we had a lot to invest, I'd go to a good FA.  
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

NatWest was brilliant when, a couple of years back , a young girl took me into a room out back and fixed everything for me on my mobile..  I can now transfer money.. cancel or set up direct debit .. check what is paid in and out..
I'm not saying that I'm a smart arse.. far from it, but I have given it a go.. I find it easier than going into town to the bank.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Jacqueline

Barclays was a wonderful bank once.  My local manager helped me sort out my finances when I was getting myself into a bit of a mess, they were always helpful and treated you courteously, not now.

Daughter in laws father was a bank manager, retired years ago, said he got out just in time before things all changed for the worst. 

Michael Rolls

what sets my teeth on edge is the local TSB branch has been closed (leaving me to close my accounts with them) but has a notice on the door which says 'we're closed, but we're still here to help you' HOW? Every time I pass the building I'm tempted to bung a brick through the window - just as well I don't have a brick on me!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Quote from: Scrumpy on January 18, 2023, 07:55:06 PMI find it easier than going into town to the bank.
For quite a few it is a case of going to the next town.

January 19, 2023, 09:31:55 AM
Quote from: GrannyMac on January 18, 2023, 07:51:12 PMIf we had a lot to invest, I'd go to a good FA. 
Finding one who is keener to enrich you than himself is the trick. 

GrannyMac

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Sheila

I worked for one of the big banks for 19 years.  I started off with Midland and it was all about customer service.  Things changed.

klondike