The boring thread.....

Started by Scrumpy, July 18, 2023, 11:58:08 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

I've seen bits of it on Gogglebox ages ago. I assume they were the best bits so my tip is don't bother. OTOH you may indeed like it.

Scrumpy

Quote from: dextrous63 on April 25, 2024, 03:46:27 PMIn which case I withdraw my glib comments.  It would be appropriate for me to try and watch an episode or two before jumping to an actual conclusion.
No need for an apology.. Truth is it's crap.. 
But amusing..
Some of the women have their lips puffed up ready to appear on the show.. They look like cod with bloated lips.. As the weeks go on the swelling goes down.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

GrannyMac

The UK one had their first transgender bride...
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

dextrous63

Quote from: Scrumpy on April 25, 2024, 05:37:07 PMAs the weeks go on the swelling goes down..

A bit like a marriage then 😬🤭😬😬

Alex

The UK version is just torture so I don't watch it, the Aussie one at least has beautiful scenery and some nice dresses. :grin:   We don't watch it for "mental stimulation" thank you Dextrous 89,  it's just a bit of fun.

GrannyMac

Scrumpy

GrannyMac

Off to my aqua class, then a quick trip to Lidl. Life's full of excitement ☺️ 

dextrous63

Quote from: Alex on April 25, 2024, 11:07:33 PMThe UK version is just torture so I don't watch it, the Aussie one at least has beautiful scenery and some nice dresses. :grin:  We don't watch it for "mental stimulation" thank you Dextrous 89,  it's just a bit of fun.
Of course it is.  But where would one be without the standard rebuttal of such reality shows??  It was my duty to take up the mantle.

I have watched entire series of this kind of thing in the past and become internally involved (if you catch my drift) with them, feeling a sense of loss when they come to an end.  Funny old feeling really, especially when upon reflection, it's not really a strong argument to defend them as examples of anthropological studies.😉😬🤣🤣

Scrumpy

Alex

We're getting a second Lidl, more Yum Yums to go round

GrannyMac

Quote from: Alex on April 26, 2024, 01:41:05 PMWe're getting a second Lidl, more Yum Yums to go round
Haven't had one this year, I've cut out most sugary things.  I've lost over a stone and a half, it's really helped my knee. 

klondike

I saw the recommendations and checked out the calories as I'm not keen on having to buy a fresh set of clothes. What I saw frightened me off....

https://www.nutracheck.co.uk/CaloriesIn/Product/42/Lidl+Bakery+Toffee+Yum+Yum#url

Surprisingly the Greggs version is more wasteline friendly but Greggs are in town and I don't visit often plus they are still a bit rich for a nibble imo

https://www.nutracheck.co.uk/CaloriesIn/Product/Search?desc=greggs+yum+yum

Raven

I don't like yum yums, never have too sickly for me. My weakness is ice cream.  :busted:

Scrumpy

Cold and rain.. Meeting up with a mate today..