I'm in a right pickle.

Started by Raven, January 03, 2023, 06:16:02 PM

« previous - next »

Cassandra

Thanks Phil, you've put it so succinctly at least here there are two people (Tillie and Bobo) who come in daily. In this way my little family of all sizes would be cared for.

My Cricketer friend has now returned to the UK after a six month stay and I miss his casually sarcastic humour. The dogs keep searching for him, particularly Doris, with whom he's formed a close relationship. He's returning only to close his affairs and then coming back to settle right here. We're going to construct a timber framed annexe in the grounds down by the lake shore for his residence. At 76 and 77, for us its expedient and allows enjoyment of the plot size without sacrificing privacy, whilst retaining the close bond we've held for over 50 years. Following his wife's death he sold his property a year ago at the height and has been privately renting since, whilst he found somewhere else to put down roots. He now appears to have found them, a mere 4,000 miles away! We don't anticipate any problem with his residential status either, even if he doesn't get full citizenship, which my friends with influence assure me he will. Again at our ages it's not really a concern, a lifetime visa is sufficient!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Alex

That's such good news Cass, your old friend will I'm sure add to the happiness you've already found 'out there'  :upvote:
It seems Raven's accident has been a wake up call for a few of us on here, stay safe all, we don't want to lose anyone.   

Scrumpy

I have told my neighbour that if I fall outside could he drag me into the middle of the road please.. And NOT tell anyone who I am or where I live.. Just in case they put me back inside the gate..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on January 12, 2023, 01:48:03 PMThat's such good news Cass, your old friend will I'm sure add to the happiness you've already found 'out there'  :upvote:
It seems Raven's accident has been a wake up call for a few of us on here, stay safe all, we don't want to lose anyone. 
I'll second that.

It always cheers me up read about Cassandra's new life t'other side of the pond.

Raven's accident has made me realise there's no shame in accepting that I can't do today what I could do yesterday.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Cassandra

I actually now celebrate the final state of life. There are so many things to cherish about it after the physical changes are taken into account.

As my friend say, "Do you know one of the great thing about older age - Cardigans!"

Diasi

Quote from: Cassandra on January 12, 2023, 03:42:25 PMI actually now celebrate the final state of life. There are so many things to cherish about it after the physical changes are taken into account.

As my friend say, "Do you know one of the great thing about older age - Cardigans!"

Lol, & being able to wear scruffy, albeit clean & comfortable, old clothes.  :upvote: :grin:
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Raven

Quote from: Cassandra on January 12, 2023, 03:42:25 PMI actually now celebrate the final state of life. There are so many things to cherish about it after the physical changes are taken into account.

Oh Dear, That did make me laugh the other patients are looking at me edgeways. I agree though as I love to knit and have several over sized comfy ones with nice deep pockets.
 :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Cassandra

Also in this line of thinking I had an email from another old time acquaintance from the legal trade, now resident in Florida. He recanted the UK's political scene with vociferous description, bemoaning how everyone was dropping like flies the other side of the pond and how it wouldn't be long until his turn came along and how he wanted to be buried etc: Then he singed off with an added postscript:

.. "I do miss the Radio Times" ...!

Diasi

Quote from: Cassandra on January 13, 2023, 11:54:27 AMAlso in this line of thinking I had an email from another old time acquaintance from the legal trade, now resident in Florida. He recanted the UK's political scene with vociferous description, bemoaning how everyone was dropping like flies the other side of the pond and how it wouldn't be long until his turn came along and how he wanted to be buried etc: Then he singed off with an added postscript:

.. "I do miss the Radio Times" ...!
Well he obviously still has his priorities in order.  [2090]
[email protected]

Alex

Bacon butties I could understand  :grin: but the Radio Times ?  :cool:

Raven

Lady in the next bed to me is reading Harry's book, I asked her if it was any good and she said yes not bad, a bit slow but I'm just getting to the juicy bits. So I left her to enjoy it. 😂