Well that's hardly reassuring....

Started by klondike, December 30, 2021, 05:30:46 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

(genuine) PayPal email

We've made it quicker to pay with PayPal

PayPal Inc.
Desktop Chrome Windows 10 NT 10.0

Since we recognise this device, you'll stay connected for quicker PayPal transactions.

We may sometimes ask you to provide your password for certain transactions, including purchases from new websites.

If you share your device or if it's lost or stolen, please deactivate Desktop Chrome Windows 10 NT 10.0 immediately from your list of trusted devices.

The transaction they are talking about which lead to that email must actually have been this laptop. I think. I'm pretty sure it was anyway. Plus I don't use Chrome I use Brave and sometimes Edge. It runs Windows 11. Apart from that spot on.

Now lets get to the being stolen bit...
Maybe I'll get an email for my actual Desktop. Or perhaps my tablet, phone or Chromebook. What are they going to get called? How would I know which to pick or do I just deactivate the lot yeah I'll do that if one gets knicked.
I'm going to have to keep that email and find it should I want to though.
Is it really a PayPal email or some evil villain just waiting?
Finally on the being stolen, given they are doing this, how long before the first thing a lappy thief does is try to buy stuff on PayPal?

These folks want locking up. The link really does go to payPal (hovering a mouse over links shows that and it MUST start as PayPal.com and not some other tosh with PayPal.com further along) so I think I'll turn this helpful saving of maybe 5 seconds of my life off thank them very much.

Bye....

Raven

I always sign out of PayPal after every use. Facebook tries to get me to stay logged in sometimes, as does Ebay but I always refuse.

Alex

I log out of everything, I was  brainwashed at work !   :cool:

Jacqueline

I log out of anything financial, I don't like companies  keeping my card details, would rather enter them in each transaction although its a pain better safe than sorry.