lists and going shopping.

Started by alfred, December 27, 2021, 07:59:50 PM

« previous - next »

alfred

Are you a person who likes to make out a list when out shopping or do you simply shop buying as you go in and around shops in general, or do you have a good memory when it comes to shopping in general.
and do you look for bargains ,

Q; as usual your replies will make interesting reading.

crabbyob

i can go to the supermarket for some sausages, spend £35 and go home wi no sausages... its easy

Sheila

I keep a pad in the kitchen and we make a note if we take the last one of anything out of the cupboard.  Paul didn't use to notice if it was the last one but he has improved.

Michael Rolls

All my food shopping is on-line from Tesco, so keeping track is pretty easy.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

zoony

I write a list over 3-4 days and I give it to Dennis. Job done.

1955vintage

Two rules, always have a list and never go to supermarket when hungry.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

Alex

I've got a whiteboard on the kitchen wall and write down anything I'm running out of.  Then take a photo on my phone to take to the supermarket, OR if I've plenty of time I'll write a list and take that.  I still come out with double the number of items on my list.

Raven

I used to write a list and take that, but now I've found a good APP for messages so I now have my list on my phone and add to it when I need something.

crabbyob

i knew these smart phones would be handy for summit... my friend who has a double masters in software engineering, gives me a shopping list, and on reading it you just know she has never been shopping in her life, when entering the supermarket normally the first shelves are veggies... she will put veggies on her list last, i thought it was a mistake, but the real mistake is if you go shopping with her, she goes back and forth, up and down the aisles, in no particular order, just when summit pops into her head off she goes, and you must not try to explain anything to her about shopping else she might flash her degrees and ask me for mine....sigh... but she is very attractive....

Sheila

Quote from: Raven on December 28, 2021, 01:46:46 PM
I used to write a list and take that, but now I've found a good APP for messages so I now have my list on my phone and add to it when I need something.

I write my list in big writing so that I don't have to wear my reading glasses in the shop.  I'd fall over if I tried to walk wearing them!