I thought this was funny !

Started by Alex, October 09, 2023, 12:55:09 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

A driver returning to his car was greeted by this -

Business owner Colin Shaw became so fed-up with cars parking outside the entrance to his warehouse he erected scaffolding around the offending vehicle..

Mr Shaw, director of Shaw Scaffolding Services, said drivers regularly ignore the 'no parking' sign outside the building in Seaham, County Durham.

So he decided to take matters into his own hands when it happened again.

'It's not the first time it's happened to my allotment where I store my materials, we have "no parking" signs but people won't adhere to them,' he said.

klondike

I did too. Bet the car owners didn't though.

JBR

Excellent!  Some people get exactly what they deserve!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Michael Rolls

bloody well done! I hate inconsiderate parking
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Ashy

Question is, does the person have the right to stop parking outside his building. Is it legal to erect scaffolding where you feel like it? Do two wrongs make a right?

Alex

Bet he doesn't park there again !

JBR

Quote from: Ashy on October 17, 2023, 03:26:35 PMQuestion is, does the person have the right to stop parking outside his building. Is it legal to erect scaffolding where you feel like it? Do two wrongs make a right?
Well, its the entrance to business premises.  How can he conduct his business if someone blocks access?
It also says 'no parking' there somewhere, according to the OP, though I can't see anything on that picture.

Perhaps the owner has applied to the council for yellow lines, which I think would be logical, and maybe the council are dragging their feet or even refusing to provide them.  Councils can be right pillocks like that.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire