Netflix

Started by Sheila, December 27, 2021, 01:12:01 PM

« previous - next »

Sheila

I don't know about the rest of you but we are running out of things to watch.  Paul found a film 'Freedom Writers' that we enjoyed.  I think it is based on a true story.  The beginning is not too good but it is worth persevering.

Any more recommendations would be appreciated.  I'm beginning to think that I may throw caution to the wind and ask our friends if they want to go to the pub because we get so bored in the evenings.

We should be in Goa!

zoony

It rather depends on what kind of things you and Paul enjoy watching together Shiels? 

Sheila

We normally enjoy different types of film so that's why I was a bit surprised that we both liked the one I mentioned.

He's happy with blood and violence and I like films based on true stories.

Alex

I'm watching a series called The Girl from Oslo, it's been good up to now, only on episode 3 though.   A friend of mine keeps a book listing all the films and series they've watched, think I'll have to do the same as I can't remember which films I've seen !

klondike

If you are anything like me these days don't bother. You won't remember you've seen them if you watch them again anyway.   :grin:

Might be worth keeping a note of the dross to save wasting a couple of hours on it a second time.

zoony

I'm a bit the same Alex but I, surprisingly, don't get many wrong and some of the older stuff really benefits from a re-watch.. I tend to remember the dross too.

klondike

I'd need one of those Spectrum wobbly ram packs fitted to remember all the dross I've watched. I tend to bale out early these days - the hours left for me to squander are ever decreasing. Of course they always were but it tends to be more important now.

zoony

They just get a minute or or two of my time. The last couple of years have been desperate with 'them' not releasing their films cos of Covid-reduced audiences. All the cheap and not-very-cheerful crap has been rushed out Not hard to spot luckily. I watched 'Don't Look Up' last night which was a real curate's egg but enjoyable for all that.

crabbyob

i Quite enjoyed 'The Accountant~

Sheila

We gave up on Don't Look Up zoony.

I don't think we have watched The Accountant so will have a look for it.

zoony

Sorry you gave up on Don't Look Up Sheila. No spoilers but the end was the best bit! :grin:..

Alex

I watched a film on Prime called The Killing of Kenneth Chamberlain, directed by Morgan Freeman. It was upsetting, all the more so as it's a true story.  A film I couldn't switch off.

dextrous63

Thanks Alex.  It's good to have a recommendation.  

JBR

Quote from: klondike on December 27, 2021, 07:32:37 PMIf you are anything like me these days don't bother. You won't remember you've seen them if you watch them again anyway.  :grin:

Funny you should say that.
Marge invariably informs me that I have already seen it whenever I find a film that looks interesting.
Then, about half-way through, it occurs to me that, yes, I have.
Memory loss is expected when you're getting older.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Alex

That happens to me too, but sometimes I've started to watch the film but then dropped off and missed the last third of it  :cool: