direct debits

Started by Michael Rolls, March 08, 2023, 05:46:06 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

Odd isn't it that the wholesale price of gas is apparently down on what it was before Putin started his Nazi hunt, wind energy is supposedly super cheap and sometimes makes up half of our demand (except when we really need it naturally) yet energy prices have just about tripled.

I was paying £82. I get considerable government subsidy (which is of course only our own money back). Half the house unheated and the temperature of the rest dropped by quite a bit (not to Phil's Eskimo like settings I will admit) but now I pay £135 and it is due to go up.

Michael Rolls

yes, but what really puzzles me is how SSE were so totally, utterly out of kilt? One good thing - I can now reinstate some of the charitable donation I had to stop due to that ridiculous electricity cost
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on March 09, 2023, 02:59:02 PMOdd isn't it that the wholesale price of gas is apparently down on what it was before Putin started his Nazi hunt, wind energy is supposedly super cheap and sometimes makes up half of our demand (except when we really need it naturally) yet energy prices have just about tripled.

I was paying £82. I get considerable government subsidy (which is of course only our own money back). Half the house unheated and the temperature of the rest dropped by quite a bit (not to Phil's Eskimo like settings I will admit) but now I pay £135 and it is due to go up.
At present the North facing rooms are at 7.5c & the South facing rooms are at 11.8c as the central heating function of the boiler is still switched off.

Like you, I don't understand how the energy companies are allowed to get away with their pricing structure.

They claim to buy gas in bulk a year in advance which is why retail prices might not go down for a year.

Ok, well how come the retail prices didn't take a year after the invasion of the Ukraine to increase?
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]