New Temporary Resident

Started by Cassandra, June 28, 2022, 11:40:12 PM

« previous - next »

Cassandra

Quote from: Scrumpy on June 30, 2022, 01:15:22 PMCassandra... I can't think of anything nicer than a collection of animals...
They never let you down.. Always happy to see you.. Never judge you..
And good looks mean nothing to them....

Yes you know I feel that too. The foal just likes standing by my side as I prop up on the fence and leans on me, pushing his little head into my chest and snortling away and his nose is as soft as velvet. Horses have really surprised me just how affectionate and loyal they become when you show them the same value. I never thought the land I have here and the creatures that populate it would impact on my life in such a way that they have! Something I'd never even considered prior to the trip.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Raven

The bonds you can form with animals is just as strong as that with another human. A lot would not agree as it's never happened in their lives. If it did they would very quickly change their attitudes.

Alex

I agree the bond with your pet can be just as strong as a bond with another human. I prefer animals to people anyway, can you tell ?  [1140]

Cassandra

:upvote: Definitely going the same way here Alex!

Cassandra

Little man had a busy Day yesterday!

Little Man has had a Busy Day.jpeg

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

Absolutely beautiful.  ❤

Sheila

I'm daft too.  I woke up about a quarter of an hour ago for what should have been a quick visit to the loo and straight back to sleep but our big lump of a cat appeared and told me to sit at the top of the stairs.  He climbed on my knee and put his face up for kisses.

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Quote from: Sheila on July 03, 2022, 05:09:28 AMHe climbed on my knee and put his face up for kisses.

Ahhhh!!!  Paul is replaced by a ginger Tom....  :wink:

Alex

Cats are very affectionate, I should have swapped my hubby for a ginger tom years before I did. :yay:

Cassandra

Quote from: Alex on July 02, 2022, 10:42:19 PMAbsolutely beautiful.  ❤

The picture was taken by a professional ('pro bono'- free), volunteer photographer, renown for animal studies. It's to be his 'official' pic for the Website and his little brochure too when he's ready to be advertised. :cry:  I come and talk to him quite a bit, he seems to be able to 'message' me when he needs a bit of fuss and the other way round too. A local Native Indian of the 'Potawatomi tribe', who has befriended me and lives up on the Forest Slopes with his family said yesterday, "you'll be able to ride him the moment you try, with no protest, believe me its a special spiritual relationship, I feel this strongly from the Horse, our word is manidoowaadizi - you know as made for each other".

Annie says he'll be a handsome creature full grown (as if he isn't now) and the pangs about him going are really getting to me. I said he'd be too tall for me to get on and she suggested buying a self assembly tubular 'mounting aid', (staired platform), or Bobo said he'd make one up from wood. They're all ganging up on me to keep him here, including all the dogs!

July 04, 2022, 03:03:29 PM
Quote from: Raven on June 30, 2022, 05:04:50 PMThe bonds you can form with animals is just as strong as that with another human. A lot would not agree as it's never happened in their lives. If it did they would very quickly change their attitudes.

Raven, he loves celery Sticks - especially if he pinches one of mine with soft cheese in the middle!

Alex

Your life will be richer with him in it Cass, plus he already looks comfy and at home on his straw bed.     Manidoowaadizi man !

Scrumpy

Cassandra.. I'm not falling for all your brave chat..
' Official pic for the website and his little brochure too..when he's ready to be advertised ' Doesn't pull the wool over my eyes..
You are hooked.. a lovely old softie... 
I wouldn't mind being a stray..knowing you are around..  :smiley: