Cut..!!

Started by Scrumpy, December 20, 2022, 09:33:55 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

The other evening we had a power cut.. 
Absolute darkness.. No street light .. nor security lights from the little school opposite..
Panic set in.. My head went all over the place.. 'Where's my torch' !! 'Where's my torch' !!  I went  through the hall.. up the stairs.. panic .. panic.. Bedside drawer. !!
I can't find it .. Oh No!!    and always thinking  ' No television... Oh no' !!!
 I nearly cried... The phone rang.. a woman was telling me that there was a power cut in the RH..  area.. 
 No other choice but bed.. panic.. panic..  I won't be able to sleep .. too early.. I will be there all night with my eyes wide open staring at the ceiling..
 All this in the space of 3 MINUTES tops..  :nooo: 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

I tend to have my mobile in my pocket these days otherwise I miss texts and whatsapp. Like most it has an LED for the camera flash and that can just be turned on. I've also got little LED torches in draws all over the place. Unfortunately they do seem to move around by themselves and are never in the first few draws I try.

Michael Rolls

I have a big torch by the bed. So far, I have managed to prevent it from straying!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

My torch was where I had put it should there be a power cut at night.. In the drawer next to bed..  In my panic it was not there.. :grin: :grin: :grin:
 I have no idea about phones and lights.. 
The 
funniest thing during it all was the the battery operated globe lights that I bought.. which I keep in the hall on a widow sill.. I ran pass them  :wtf:   :grin: :grin: :grin:
  My mission was to get to the torch.. :grin: :grin:

klondike

Panics and running past...

I have a burglar alarm. I had stopped using it for ages but decided to start using it again. One night it went off. What did I do? I swore and ran downstairs in my skiddies to turn it off before it woke all the neighbours. Not for one instant did I think there was a burglar. If there had been I might have been sued for making him die laughing. I decided not to bother setting it any more.

Alex

I've got 3 or 4 of those little torches in various drawers, but I think I'd head for my battery operated light on the stairs first.  A battery radio would be useful I suppose. :upvote:

Sheila

We bought a solar powered light which we leave in the conservatory so that it is always charged.  It is quite effective when it is switched on and lasts a long time.

Scrumpy

... and the power cut only lasted 3 mins..  :grin: :grin: :grin: