Films

Started by zoony, December 21, 2021, 09:37:07 PM

« previous - next »

-Oy-

Quote from: zoony on January 24, 2022, 10:48:08 PM
I'm not the Biggest Star Wars fan but the franchise and George Lucas spin-offs go from strength to strength.

Indeed they do. The Mandalorian was excellent!

This Is the Way  :yahoo:
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

klondike

Just watched Ad Asta on Prime. 6.5 on IMDB but I have no idea how. I don't expect huge realism in Sci Fi but this set new bounds in unbelievability throughout. IMO complete tosh. How they got quite big name actors to sign up I don't know.

zoony

I remember Ad astra as rather long which tells me it bored me. I look forward to Tommy Lee in anything but he was totally wasted in that.

Alex

I'm watching The Sinner, series 4 has just come on Netflix.

Michael Rolls

Watched Munich: Edge of War on Netflix. Story revolves around two young civil servants, one German, one British, who had been at Oxford together, trying to prevent the signing of the Munich agreement to force Hitler to mobilise over the Sudetenland and reveal his true plans for Europe by means of some top secret German papers. It's a good film, but suffers from the handicap that we know they will fail because the agreement was signed - just was we know in the Day of the Jackal that de Gaulle never was assassinated.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

zoony

Thanks for the huge spoiler Mike. It's a NEW film ffs.. FYI, not many are history buffs and perhaps might've enjoyed it! :lipsrsealed:

Jacqueline

If you want something lightweight and  watchable, Enola Holmes (Sherlocks little sister) on Netflix.

The Last Czars, a drama/documentary was interesting and we enjoyed The Dig about the Sutton Hoo discovery.

Scrumpy

I like the look at The Last Czars..  Might search that out..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

zoony

I enjoyed The Dig very much, Enola Holmes not so much (bandwagon jumping imo..)

Michael Rolls

Quote from: zoony on January 31, 2022, 12:21:38 PM
Thanks for the huge spoiler Mike. It's a NEW film ffs.. FYI, not many are history buffs and perhaps might've enjoyed it! :lipsrsealed:
does anyone of our age group nit realise the truth of the 1938 Munich agreement - c'mon. It might be news to the woke generation - but to us?
Mike
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

oh - and it is still worth watching, even like myself and surely just about everyone on here I know they couldn't succeed?
Mike
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

I mean - did you really think any outcome would happen>?
Mike
[email protected]

zoony

I only ask that, before posting on a new film we guard against plot spoilers.. whether we think they are or not? :shh:

Alex

Thanks folks that's two to watch out for, Munich Edge of War and The Last Czars both sound worth a watch.   I think the Czars is a series, but the trailer looks good.  :upvote:

Jacqueline

Quote from: Alex on January 31, 2022, 04:03:28 PM
Thanks folks that's two to watch out for, Munich Edge of War and The Last Czars both sound worth a watch.   I think the Czars is a series, but the trailer looks good.  :upvote:

The Last Czars is 6 parts.