Films

Started by zoony, December 21, 2021, 09:37:07 PM

« previous - next »

zoony

Ah.. The unsinkable Mz Brown perhaps..Ooh, you ickle tinker!  :grin:

zoony

BBC1 tonight @ 10.35 is a film called In The Heart Of The Sea. I mentioned it last week as an alternate history of Moby Dick? I will say that it's quite a long film but there is rather a lot of story to tell and I enjoyed it tremendously..

Raven

Quote from: zoony on January 06, 2022, 03:46:41 PM
BBC1 tonight @ 10.35 is a film called In The Heart Of The Sea. I mentioned it last week as an alternate history of Moby Dick? I will say that it's quite a long film but there is rather a lot of story to tell and I enjoyed it tremendously..

Might record that if it's on up here. Will have to check, as sometimes BBC Scotland has different things on.....Blooming pest. :rolleyes:

Countryman

That's the beauty of Sky, all BBC regions are available, and we often watch programmes on BBC Scotland here in the south of England.

Michael Rolls

Quote from: Countryman on January 07, 2022, 09:12:57 AM
That's the beauty of Sky, all BBC regions are available, and we often watch programmes on BBC Scotland here in the south of England.
hope you wave your passport at the screen!
Mike 😁😁
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

Well Zoony I set the box to record the film you were talking about. Will let you know what we think once we get around to seeing it.  :grin:

Countryman

Quote from: Michael Rolls on January 07, 2022, 09:20:44 AM
hope you wave your passport at the screen!
Mike 😁😁

Have to soon, maybe! Reminds me of the time I used to watch High Road off the STV player. I had to put in a Scottish postcode to be able to access it.

zoony

[2090]
Quote from: Raven on January 07, 2022, 01:40:50 PM
Well Zoony I set the box to record the film you were talking about. Will let you know what we think once we get around to seeing it.  :grin:

zoony

I hope you, or one of you at least :grin:, enjoy it..
I watched 'Ray Donovan: The Movie' earlier. As is fashionable these days, it was a prequel going back to the family's early years in Boston. No spoilers of course but I'd've liked a bit less about Ray and Mick, the father, and rather more about the other brothers and sister..Hey ho, it was well made.

Countryman

We've never watched The Bourne films, so as they are now being shown as a series on television, started with The Bourne Identity, last night. I must say, we enjoyed it far more (ridiculous as it was) than the latest Bond film.

klondike

I enjoyed them all. Must get around to watching them again some time.

Michael Rolls

Veronica and I watched and enjoyed them
Mike
[email protected]

klondike

I think it was the first where at the end his evil boss got shot down. It was the silencer that got me - just the mechanical noise of the automatic (unlikely in truth) and a life just gone.

crabbyob

yes as Mike will tell you they are missnamed, they are sound supressors... and dont use then near any heiffers... but thats another story....

Michael Rolls

Yes, they reduce the noise but the thought of the round just sounding like 'pfft' is ridiculous - and despite Hollywood, with one exception - the Russian Nagant of about 1890 or thereabouts, - you CANNOT effectively suppress a revolver.
Mike
[email protected]