The Ashes

Started by Michael Rolls, December 20, 2021, 10:20:39 AM

« previous - next »

zoony

I shall tune in to hear the first day. A triumph of loyalty over experience. That's if it goes ahead.. Weeshalsea..

Cassandra

Quote from: zoony on January 03, 2022, 05:09:53 PM
I shall tune in to hear the first day. A triumph of loyalty over experience. That's if it goes ahead.. Weeshalsea..

England to lose by 8 or 9 wickets one way - or an innings again ...
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

zoony

Michael Rolls

Burns will make a century in both innings, Root a double, England to win by 350
Mike  :pigfly:
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

well, as Burns isn't playing...

Mixed first day at Sydney - 126-3 sort of maybe yes, maybe no sort of a day, especially with so many breaks for rain. Seems to be a 'spot' on the wicket giving trampoline bounce - at least three deliveries, not especially short, have soared way over Butler's head for five wides. AT one stage both batsman and bowler were examining the ground in puzzlement!
Mike
[email protected]

Cassandra

Quote from: Michael Rolls on January 05, 2022, 09:44:29 PM

Mixed first day at Sydney - 126-3 sort of maybe yes, maybe no sort of a day, especially with so many breaks for rain. Seems to be a 'spot' on the wicket giving trampoline bounce - at least three deliveries, not especially short, have soared way over Butler's head for five wides. AT one stage both batsman and bowler were examining the ground in puzzlement!
Mike

I definitely won't be bothering Mike, not that I dislike any of them, I just feel too ashamed. :cry:

klondike

Quote from: Michael Rolls on January 05, 2022, 09:44:29 PM
Does that alter the odds on him making that century?
Asking for a friend  :smiley:

Cassandra

Quote from: klondike on January 05, 2022, 09:57:53 PM
Does that alter the odds on him making that century?
Asking for a friend  :smiley:

Gets most of his runs that way ... :cry:

klondike

Sorry I know nothing of cricket or the man. Just rattling the cage for sadistic pleasure.

zoony

Listening to TMS and really enjoying it, despite the situation.. Jonathon Agnew is worth his weight in light-meters..

Michael Rolls

Looks as though the pitch is getting two-paced already on day two. In addition to the 'trampoline' deliveries a 90 mph effort from Wood effectively ran along the ground (exaggeration?)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

Khwaja reaches his century on the brink of tea. He and Cummins have already put on 36 in 10 overs
Mike
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

Root dropping Khawaja on 28 is haunting England - now 132 not out
Mike
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

one of England's better opening stands! No wicket lost, 13 runs - of which Mr. Extras has contributed 9
Mike
[email protected]

klondike

Well I'm pleased at this staggering performance. Almost as decisive as...

I'm always one to accept a challenge.  :grin:

Guess who'll be the backup guest here when the inevitable(?) comes to pass a (probably) little later?