Marijuana

Started by Alex, April 01, 2024, 02:20:53 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Marijuana has been made legal in Germany today, I believe there was a big ' smoke in' in some German cities :cool:
Perhaps we will follow ?

klondike

I heard something on radio news that carrying 25grams would not be considered illegal but it said nothing about sales which I think are legal in Holland. Checking now it seems home growing is now allowed.

The only way America removed the lawlessness produced by their prohibition laws was by legalising alcohol. Would legalising cannabis solve some of the drug problems. I personally doubt it as there are lots of others that are probably popular too.

Alex

No they still don't allow retail sale, but you can't be arrested for having the 25gr it in your pocket now - at least that's the way I read it.

ansu

You are right, Alex, cannabis - up to 25 gr.  - are allowed, but I have my doubts whether this will work and reduce the number of drug deads. Moreover, how will they control it - in the neighbourhood of schools etc. it's not allowed etc. etc. and what about car, lorry and bus drivers. There are still such a lot of questions to be answered. 
It's true, we have a drug problem here in Germany - it's not difficult to buy drugs on our schoolyards and parents can be happy when their children finish school without being addicted to drugs. 
What surprises me is that it is above all a problem in Western societies - something seems to be going wrong here. Our young generation is better off than any generation before, but obviously they are missing something.