Who..!!!!

Started by Scrumpy, February 28, 2024, 06:42:19 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

In your life have you admired..
Or been inspired by..
Who would you like to be .. if not you.. ?

Serious or funny .. It's up to you..

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Silver Tabby

Historically - I have always admired Elizabeth I

More modern - the most inspirational person in my life was my lovely Auntie Chriss

JBR

Nigel Farage!

Sorry.  Just trying to upset some certain people!  🤣
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

I'd go for any of the giants of science and mathematics. The names of some of the ancient Greek mathematicians are pretty well known millenia later. Copernicus Galileo Newton and others were the founders of modern science without which we'd still be in the dark ages.

Scrumpy

In our village was a young man.. He had horrific burns to his face and as a child I was very nervous of him.. I learned that he had been a fighter pilot in the last war..
He comes to mind when I worry about a bad haircut.. or my sciatica playing up.. 
He faced the world... and spoke to those he met..

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on February 29, 2024, 09:51:23 AMIn our village was a young man.. He had horrific burns to his face and as a child I was very nervous of him.. I learned that he had been a fighter pilot in the last war..
He comes to mind when I worry about a bad haircut.. or my sciatica playing up..
He faced the world... and spoke to those he met..
I have every respect for those men (and some women) who put their lives in danger to protect our country during wartime years.
An initial shock of seeing a severely disfigured face would quickly be replaced by respect and gratitude in such cases.
Of course, such people are now few and far between, although there are still those who fought in the Falklands.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Scrumpy

I admire any person who is disfigured in any way.. facing the public.. To me they are an inspiration ... 

Michael Rolls

My father. Brightest man I have ever known, but sadly dead at 49 after two year bedfast
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Cassandra

Sir Roger Scruton the philospher, as I have stated here before a good and trusted friend for most of my life with a wonderful mind and precision in his diagnosis of human condition. Helped me greatly, especially in understanding the deviet within the criminal mind - especially a serial killer, I once had to defend. I miss him every day ...
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

1955vintage

The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

GrannyMac

So many people for so many reasons! My father, who never saw retirement. My mum who was widowed early, and was so stoic. 

Locally, I admire John Burkhill B.E.M., a man who lost both his wife and daughter many years ago, has raised over £1m for MacMillan, and at 85 is still walking the city and beyond with his pram collecting.  

https://twitter.com/JohnBurkhillBEM?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

The nine black students who entered an all white school in Arkansas.. The National Guard were called out.. 1957.
 I have always admired these students..  

GrannyMac

Quote from: Scrumpy on March 01, 2024, 11:24:14 AMThe nine black students who entered an all white school in Arkansas.. The National Guard were called out.. 1957.
 I have always admired these students.. 
And Rosa Parks. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖