Not just car insurance then

Started by klondike, February 23, 2024, 11:15:37 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

Looks like my house insurance policy will be over 30% more this coming year too.

That pension rise they just told be about won't be going far. Doubly so as the tax free allowance is unchaged it will all effectively be taxed as the pension increase reduces my newly notified tax code so my private pension tax bill will increase. That's before I hear about the increased council tax.  Oh joy. Good job I voted for the  low tax fiscally prudent Tories last time around.  :rolleyes:

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on February 23, 2024, 11:15:37 PMLooks like my house insurance policy will be over 30% more this coming year too.

That pension rise they just told be about won't be going far. Doubly so as the tax free allowance is unchaged it will all effectively be taxed as the pension increase reduces my newly notified tax code so my private pension tax bill will increase. That's before I hear about the increased council tax.  Oh joy. Good job I voted for the  low tax fiscally prudent Tories last time around.  :rolleyes:
You'll be wishing you could turn the clock back to now once Labour let rip with the economy.

As for car & home insurance premiums, you & I will be paying for risks that other people have but which we don't have.

I don't live low down on a river bank in a house that floods twice a year or drive an EV that'll cost £thousands to repair after a small shunt.

Also, once again, OFGEM are now requiring me to help to pay off the debts of millions of other energy customers.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

We can't win can we ?
Road tax will go up too in April.  It seems us old banger owners will be hit again!

klondike

Don't forget the April mid contract hikes on Broadband that are now part of all the contracts.

Alex

Yes, I forgot about that increase.

Judd

My home insurance with SAGA is due in early March, but the payments have been frozen for three years. :smiley:
A Noble Spirit Embiggens The Smallest Man

GrannyMac

Quote from: Alex on February 24, 2024, 08:19:24 AMWe can't win can we ?
Road tax will go up too in April.  It seems us old banger owners will be hit again!
I hadn't realised. We have an old banger (very low mileage 😉) too.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on February 24, 2024, 08:19:24 AMWe can't win can we ?
Road tax is a complete scam as it was changed to Vehicle Excise Duty so that the money raised doesn't have to be spent on road maintenance.

An even bigger scam is the VED charge based on CO2 emissions as a higher emission older car doing 1,500 miles a year causes a lot less pollution than a new lower emission car doing 30,000 miles a year.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Please don't confuse the issue with logic.

Diasi

[email protected]