Who gave permission for this ?

Started by Alex, February 22, 2024, 09:38:55 PM

« previous - next »

GrannyMac

Douglas Murray is spot on. 

I hope so too JBR.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

Quote from: JBR on February 25, 2024, 10:20:12 PMHe, and some trustworthy Conservative MPs, would be wise to join and stand for Reform.
Lee Anderson has had the whip withdrawn. There is nothing stopping him declaring he is now a Reform MP and nothing to force a by election. He is suspended from the Conservative party and not the House although there is a chance they may try that along with possibly a recall petition. I think if he doesn't move to Reform his political career is at an end and also that his GBNews job is reliant on him being an MP.

Raven

Lot of nonsense over someone saying what a lot of people think.  :waiting:

JBR

Exactly.  It is up to us, the people who want to keep democracy.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Cassandra

Quote from: JBR on February 26, 2024, 12:22:27 PMExactly.  It is up to us, the people who want to keep democracy.

Too much apathy and disinterest today - which is what the Politicians rely upon ...
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

JBR

Quote from: Cassandra on February 26, 2024, 01:37:55 PMToo much apathy and disinterest today - which is what the Politicians rely upon ...
Indeed.  I wonder whether that apathy exists mainly among our young people.
From what I hear, many of them don't bother to look for work these days, presumably because the state supports them.
Wen ah wer a lad, if you refused to look for work you didn't receive any hand-outs.

klondike

Fortunately I think few of them bother to vote either though. If Reform get anywhere it will be from oldies moving to them from the Tories.

Watch the budget. There will be some reduction in tax - a few billion surplus available and it's an election year. If the Hunt is daft enough to go for a reduction in National Insurance again I reckon they will be buggered once pensioners twig or are told that they don't pay that so are getting SFA.

Diasi

The Lee Anderson farce is a pre-runner for the future as Islamists like Khan (you can't be a Muslim & not an Islamist since Islam is their religion) play the race card to get anyone who questions them removed from office.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

muddy

Anyone remember the Charlie Hebdo atrocity ?
 Or the massacre in the Paris theatre ?
Ok they are in France .
How about the Manchester Arena bombing  or  7/7 anyone ? 
We should remember them because they will happen again if this  hatred on weekly display in London and around the UK is allowed to go unchecked.
Lee Anderson's is correct .
The government has to stop pandering to Muslims extremists and and do something about it before it is too late .

dextrous63

Agreed.  If they had any sense, they'd be protesting against Hamas, stating quite unequivocally that behaviour such as Oct 7th is NOT the way of winning an argument.

JBR

Quote from: dextrous63 on February 26, 2024, 09:16:52 PMAgreed.  If they had any sense, they'd be protesting against Hamas, stating quite unequivocally that behaviour such as Oct 7th is NOT the way of winning an argument.
As far as I'm concerned, the childish anti-Israel protesters haven't the slightest idea of what is happening there.

They are simply mindless, easily-led, trendies who have discovered an attractive bandwagon and are enjoying themselves immensely without any need to understand anything they are saying.

I assume that the police see them as such, and hope that I am not wrong.  

muddy

Quote from: Raven on February 26, 2024, 09:08:25 AMLot of nonsense over someone saying what a lot of people think.  :waiting:
Jacob  Rees Mogg defends Lee Anderson

URL fixed to show inline Mark

https://letschat.club/index.php?topic=4338.0

Diasi

I don't often watch Talk TV but a presenter called Cristo said  Sadiq Khan Is "Repellent Little Runt" Causing 'Nightmares' In London.

He's partially correct but Khan's a hook-nosed "Repellent Little Runt".
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]