Klondike... So you are a man who packs a gun eh!!  Interesting.. :wink:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

A little hand gun would suit me :cool:

Scrumpy

.. or maybe a water pistol.. !!!

Raven

Dunc has guns here locked in a cupboard. I've only seen him grab one and head outside once when the Clydes were kicking up a racket, we knew someone was creeping about then. Pair of grand watch horses those two.

klondike

Best leave them locked up in the event of intruders. This isn't the US and the law seems to favour the intruder. 

Raven

I doubt he'd shoot anyone, but the sight of the gun can be enough to turn people away. I know some of the farmers here will shoot a dog if it gets in with the sheep and is worrying them.
Dunc's never done that but he has fired over them to scare them off.

ansu

As to the ID, when I heard that you don't have any, I just wondered. Here in Germany everyone has to have one and to carry it with him. If we visit an European country by plane, it's sufficient for the security control. 
Guns - an interesting topic -  a no-go in Germany (exception - you buy one on the dark net). You need a license and you have to store it in a safe place. When my American friends told me that they started using a gun at the age of three years, it shocked me. However, in this respect they seem to have a different point of view. 
By the way yesterday on the news they told us that a smuggling gang that mainly smuggled persons to the UK was arrested by the German police. So maybe the number of illegal immigrants will be reduced.

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on February 22, 2024, 09:23:13 AMI've got a whistle...

Klondike... So you are a man who packs a gun eh!!  Interesting.. :wink:
At least you didn't ask if he packs a big gun.

In the USA you're deemed to be a nutcase if you don't have any means of lethal self defence.

In the UK you're deemed to be a nutcase if you have any means of self defence.

Plus in the UK you're required to ensure your property doesn't have anything that could harm an intruder.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: ansu on February 22, 2024, 12:06:15 PMAs to the ID, when I heard that you don't have any, I just wondered. Here in Germany everyone has to have one and to carry it with him. If we visit an European country by plane, it's sufficient for the security control.

I may be mistaken, but I think we are the only European country which doesn't require personal ID to be carried.  Little wonder that all illegals in France want to come here.  It's a paradise for criminals, especially as our police seem no longer to be interested.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

I do need a decent recipe though. Both sorts are tasteless and crunchy as hell no matter how long you marinade them.

Diasi

Quote from: JBR on February 22, 2024, 02:17:39 PMI may be mistaken, but I think we are the only European country which doesn't require personal ID to be carried.  Little wonder that all illegals in France want to come here.  It's a paradise for criminals, especially as our police seem no longer to be interested.
Our police can't even make sure that drivers have a driving licence so I can't see an ID system being of any use  until after the stable door etc etc.

It would take a rigorous stop & produce system & we all know that 99% who didn't have an ID card wouldn't be white so just imagine the riots that would ensue.

Anyway, regarding personal home security my view is that in virtually every case, the police are only involved in catching the criminal after they've killed someone in their own home & personally that'd be bugger-all use to me. 
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on February 22, 2024, 04:39:07 PMOur police can't even make sure that drivers have a driving licence so I can't see an ID system being of any use  until after the stable door etc etc.

It would take a rigorous stop & produce system & we all know that 99% who didn't have an ID card wouldn't be white so just imagine the riots that would ensue.

Anyway, regarding personal home security my view is that in virtually every case, the police are only involved in catching the criminal after they've killed someone in their own home & personally that'd be bugger-all use to me.
You are, of course, completely correct.
An ID system in broken Britain wouldn't work for that simple reason.  We have drifted into a country in which crime of all sorts seems not to matter to those in charge, ever since Treason May sacked half of the police force for some reason which I have never understood.
If anything were ever to be done to make some effort to return our country to that of which I was proud for most of my life, it would involve the provision of what we used to be and what we used to have.  That would now be very difficult even if we were fortunate to have a strong and sensible leadership.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Scrumpy

Quote from: muddy on February 21, 2024, 04:41:45 PMI don't know how
You have to show your passport and boarding pass several times including getting on the plane .

British Airways flight from Heathrow to JFK New York City.
December 25th 2023... Craig Stuart (46) boarded the flight without ticket or passport.
He tailgated passengers.. Found an empty seat because some passengers missed the flight.
He was arrested at JFK airport and sent back to the Uk..
He vanished on January 25th 2024.
The Met police are now searching for him..

muddy

I still don't see how he got on the plane .
Boarding passes are needed at all the electronic gates
You have to go through the boarding gate into the boarding area prior to boarding .
You really can't tail gate they stop everyone .
It's narrow and every passenger has to show passport and boarding pass .
Then again as you get on the plane .
British airways must be getting more useless than ever
Maybe they were all watching Love Actually .

Scrumpy

Security was obviously not in force..

And that is the problem.. Backs were turned .. 

And I doubt this was a one off..