NHS Latest

Started by Alex, February 18, 2024, 07:04:09 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Foreign dentists are set to be allowed to work in the UK without taking a qualification exam.

Ministers are planning to scrap the overseas entrance exam currently required to allow dentists from non-European countries to work in Britain.

Does this mean we'll soon see 'Dentist Shops' opening up next door to the Barber's shops  ?   I know how to work a drill wonder if I'd qualify  ?

Raven

Sheeezzzzee I don't know what to think. My own dentist is a dark coloured gent, from the Muslim camp I expect. I was quite nervous about him when my usual dentist retired but this guy is really good, he's been seeing me for 4 years now. But I'd have been nervous of anyone new I expect.

JBR

The thin edge of the wedge.

This crap government will do more and more to damage the country and its people.
What happened to standards, especially in medical and, of course, dental matters.

As long as they, and the other rich people in this country who can afford private treatment are OK, the rest of us must put up with third-world standards.

The next thing will be unqualified doctors as well.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

muddy

My dentist is Iranian .
He is the loveliest  man and the best dentist ever .
You never feel a thing and I am a person who wants to bolt for the the door at the mere sight  of a drill or needle
He is very highly qualified and also lectures at kings college .
He doesn't come cheap but no dentist does these days so if you have to pay pay for a good one .

Scrumpy

I  would think that some of the people who are suffering with tooth problems at this time would care not what certificate a dentist has hanging on the wall..

Our school dentist was a butcher.. and he was a (posh) white man..

It has always been the case.. Them that have it and them that don't.. 
Money, that is..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

muddy

Too right and that is IMO wrong .
We should not have to have a two tier society where some can and some can't .
But it's was always thus .
We the baby bloomer have got used to having everything on tap free.
Before the boomer generation people were poor and now they will be poor again .
The best thing to do is invest in teaching children to care for their teeth and for us oldies to invest in all the gadget available .
Interdental brushes and electric toothbrushes are a must to keep the old gnashers in good form .
Or just keep the old gnashers !  

JBR

Quote from: muddy on February 19, 2024, 08:05:49 AMMy dentist is Iranian .
He is the loveliest  man and the best dentist ever .
You never feel a thing and I am a person who wants to bolt for the the door at the mere sight  of a drill or needle
He is very highly qualified and also lectures at kings college .
He doesn't come cheap but no dentist does these days so if you have to pay pay for a good one .

Absolutely.  My dentist, at the moment, is an Indian lady and she is also very good.

The danger is, as they have done for years now, inviting in foreigners without any checks either of qualifications, skills or even identity.  The danger is that some will claim to be dentists (as they are now claiming to be Christians) and you can bet that Sir Kneeler will invite them to set up practices.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Ashy

Sir Kneeler is a lawyer and they make money out of medical negligence.

Whereas dentists make a lot of money out of patient confidence.

Scrumpy

I couldn't bear to have dirty teeth..

I have seen some with black stubs in their mouth..
Toothpaste can be cheap, as can brushes.. Brushing teeth should be taught as a child..
As kids we had a round tin with pink compacted powder in.. We would wet our brush and dip it in the powder..  Us kids shared the same toothpaste.. We never thought of germs being spread... I think we all shared the same brush.. !!
  Good old days...
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

GrannyMac

We had that Scrumpy, Gibbs Dentifrice.  
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Michael Rolls

we had a pink powder called something like Eucryl?
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

muddy

Wasn't that sort of like vim for smokers ? 

Diasi

Quote from: muddy on February 20, 2024, 07:39:51 AMWasn't that sort of like vim for smokers ?
:grin: :grin: :grin:

The Gibbs powder toothpaste made you cough if you inhaled any before it was fully damp.

February 20, 2024, 08:40:21 AM
Quote from: Alex on February 18, 2024, 07:04:09 PMForeign dentists are set to be allowed to work in the UK without taking a qualification exam.

Ministers are planning to scrap the overseas entrance exam currently required to allow dentists from non-European countries to work in Britain.

Does this mean we'll soon see 'Dentist Shops' opening up next door to the Barber's shops  ?  I know how to work a drill wonder if I'd qualify  ?
They'll certainly provide more criminal money laundering opportunities as do the barbers' shops.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

I have tried powder toothpastes but never really liked any of them.