You Have to Laugh

Started by Alex, February 18, 2024, 05:46:32 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Quote from: ansu on February 22, 2024, 12:44:02 PMAn interesting discussion - I didn't know religion plays such an important role in the UK.
I have the impression that here in Germany religion only plays an important role for a minority, but maybe I am wrong.
When we moved into the town where I live now, catholics were a minority and marriages between a protestant and a catholic were quasi forbidden, today it's normal and religion is a minor matter. Many people leave church. Probably in big German cities the situation is different and they also have problems with muslims.

How long will muslims be the minority in Germany I wonder  ?   :cool:
I had to pay Kirchensteuer when I worked in Germany, does that still apply Ansu ?

JBR

Quote from: Alex on February 22, 2024, 06:46:21 PMHow long will muslims be the minority in Germany I wonder  ?  :cool:
I had to pay Kirchensteuer when I worked in Germany, does that still apply Ansu ?

Although official figures still suggest that muslims are in a minority in the UK, and probably the same in Germany, but things change.
Muslims still travel across Europe en masse and, of course, into the UK daily via the Channel.

Although they are still in the minority (as far as I know) both here and in Germany, they continue to increase daily, both through illegal (and legal) immigration and also by their suggested birth-rate.  There is no denying that many, if not most, tend to have large families and I understand that this is normal practice in many places, certainly in Africa, where it is essential to have large families in order to help benefit their families through, for example, work.

As I have said many times, there are many muslim immigrants in our country who are an asset to the country.  I know some doctors who, going by their names, are muslims and who I am confident are completely competent.

It is essential that we (and other European countries) limit the entry of all immigrants, whether muslim or any other religion, who are not of any benefit to our society.  Other countries - Australia among others - do exactly that yet I never see any criticisms fired at them.

There are two specific reasons: firstly, our society in this country cannot support such an ever increasing population as has been shown in many respects; secondly, islam is a dangerous religion in some ways which we have seen recently, be it in crime or serious influences including via the woke (white) supporters we have seen parading through Londonistan and now elsewhere.

We should certainly know better than to ignore unfounded accusations like 'racist' when that is nothing of the sort in reality.  It is, apparently, a very powerful weapon among some.

Incidentally, I hadn't realise that there were still 'church taxes' in operation in Germany.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

ansu

If you are a member of church you have to pay a "church tax". However, more and more people are leaving church for different reasons here. Of course, this doesn't apply to muslims, as far as I know they don't have a "church tax", but you have to support the poor ones. 
You are right, they have lots of children, but a couple on honeymoon in Turkey told me years ago that "children are fun" - a different view. 

JBR

Quote from: ansu on February 23, 2024, 09:36:50 AMIf you are a member of church you have to pay a "church tax". However, more and more people are leaving church for different reasons here. Of course, this doesn't apply to muslims, as far as I know they don't have a "church tax", but you have to support the poor ones.
You are right, they have lots of children, but a couple on honeymoon in Turkey told me years ago that "children are fun" - a different view.
Children may be fun, but they are also essential...
unless you are becoming rather quickly overpopulated.  Look at Africa.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire