You Have to Laugh

Started by Alex, February 18, 2024, 05:46:32 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Sadiq Khan has been criticised for supposedly 'blocking' a statue of the late Queen in favour of 'woke' artwork that pays tribute to 'trans sex workers'.

The Mayor of London has signed off on the empty fourth plinth in Trafalgar Square to be filled with works of art until the end of the decade.

https://www.gbnews.com/news/sadiq-khan-blocks-queen-statue-trans-sex-workers-tribute

JBR

Quote from: Alex on February 18, 2024, 05:46:32 PMSadiq Khan has been criticised for supposedly 'blocking' a statue of the late Queen in favour of 'woke' artwork that pays tribute to 'trans sex workers'.

The Mayor of London has signed off on the empty fourth plinth in Trafalgar Square to be filled with works of art until the end of the decade.

https://www.gbnews.com/news/sadiq-khan-blocks-queen-statue-trans-sex-workers-tribute
I'm sure the majority disagree with such wokism and, in fact, with most ideas that Khan't comes up with.
On the other hand, we must now accept that he is now the effective monarch of Londonistan and, for that reason, sees himself as being more important than the monarch.

He continues to do things in order to make it clear that he is in total control of his city and, apparently, its Metropolitan Police Service which, I am sure, has been ordered not to oppose the regular anti-Israel marches by his mindless supporters.
In many regards, that city is now effectively an independent enclave within the country and run by Khan't alone with no deference to either the government or the monarchy.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Alex

" In many regards, that city is now effectively an independent enclave within the country and run by Khan't alone with no deference to either the government or the monarchy.  "   This would make a good movie !

JBR

Quote from: Alex on February 18, 2024, 07:54:45 PM" In many regards, that city is now effectively an independent enclave within the country and run by Khan't alone with no deference to either the government or the monarchy.  "  This would make a good movie !

It would indeed.  A disaster movie.
The good side is that in the movie Khan't would be assassinated and all would be made good again.

Unfortunately, life isn't usually like that.

dextrous63

It's absolutely outrageous how you lot are attacking the man who so recently presented to the citizens of our capital city, and hence all of mankind across the globe, a firework display.

klondike

For me and most of the country he is an irrelevance. I don't have any option to vote him out of office but I don't think anything he decides to do will have much of an impact on me. It's up to those that are impacted by his actions that need to be concerned. The only bit of that which was also true of the beurocrats that run the EU was my inability to vote them out but that got corrected and I did. Well directly affecting me at least.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on February 18, 2024, 10:14:58 PMFor me and most of the country he is an irrelevance. I don't have any option to vote him out of office but I don't think anything he decides to do will have an impact on me. It's up to those that are impacted by his actions that need to be concerned. The only bit of that which was also true of the beurocrats that run the EU was my inability to vote them out but that got corrected and I did.

You are completely right.
I pray every night, kneeling at the side of my bed, thanking God that I don't live in Londonistan.

The wife thinks I'm mad, of course, but do I care?

muddy

I wonder what trans sex worker art looks like ?

GrannyMac

I dread to think.  

My OH's ancestors would be spinning in their graves!
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

Quote from: klondike on February 18, 2024, 10:14:58 PMIt's up to those that are impacted by his actions that need to be concerned. 

Those (Impacted ) by his actions are nil..  He and his followers own the city..  Unfortunately that is how we have become.. 
If a Muslim can take over the capital.. They can take over the country..

They haven't spread to the small towns and villages .. as yet.. 
 A labour government will help sort that one out ..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on February 19, 2024, 09:13:03 AMThose (Impacted ) by his actions are nil..  He and his followers own the city..  Unfortunately that is how we have become..
If a Muslim can take over the capital.. They can take over the country..

They haven't spread to the small towns and villages .. as yet..
 A labour government will help sort that one out ..
They certainly will increase in number, especially under Labour who want more Labour voters!
However, I don't think they'll move out into the country, at least not in numbers.  Those who are likely to move to the country are the professionals, like some of our doctors.  The cities are, or will be, the domain of the less educated and those who really want to eventually take control of our/their country.

When I hear of the 'two-state solution' in Israel, I believe that it will never happen at least as long as Israel is willing to defend itself.  My solution is to offer the Palestinians our country, England, instead.  After all, they're going to get it within the next hundred years anyway.

Scrumpy

In time our history books will describe our island as 
A little place called England.. where white Christians once ruled..
Where the women had an opinion that was listened to.. and bared her face .
A place where a person could speak his mind..
And roast pork with crackling was eaten .. with roast potatoes..

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on February 19, 2024, 11:25:38 AMIn time our history books will describe our island as
Any joking apart, I really do think that this will come about.
Give it another twenty years at most, and the future will become absolutely clear.
Fortunately, if it turns out to be bad news I'll be in my box anyway.

Scrumpy

Quote from: Scrumpy on February 19, 2024, 11:25:38 AMIn time our history books will describe our island as
What I meant was we will be the forgotten England..
The above will be a description of how it was..
 Past times...

klondike

Those books will likely be burned.