Greedy Swines.

Started by Raven, February 16, 2024, 12:10:40 PM

« previous - next »

Raven

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

I thought they all charged the Ofgen cap or close to it. If so it's Ofgen who got the cap wrong and they need a shakeup.

Mups

I realise companies have to make profit,  but when so many people have been struggling over this winter,  surely these companies would be respected more if they didn't aim for such greedy, excess profits?

I got shot of British Gas several years ago for several reasons,  one being their ridiculous over-the-top estimates on my annual consumption and consequently direct debits.   I also found them a nightmare to speak to on the phone as well with almost no one speaking English that I could understand!

dextrous63

Quote from: Mups on February 17, 2024, 01:50:26 PMI also found them a nightmare to speak to on the phone as well with almost no one speaking English that I could understand!
You mean proper, grammatically correct English?  No wonder you struggled😬

Scrumpy

I phoned Virgin a couple of days ago.. The lady was from Manchester.. I understood every word she said.. I got a call out for the next day and 10pounds off my package ..
 I was so excited I told everyone at the community centre. .. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on February 17, 2024, 02:13:35 PMI phoned Virgin a couple of days ago.. The lady was from Manchester.. I understood every word she said.. I got a call out for the next day and 10pounds off my package ..
 I was so excited I told everyone at the community centre. ..
From Manchester?  And you understood her?
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

dextrous63

Quote from: JBR on February 17, 2024, 03:59:08 PMFrom Manchester?  And you understood her?
You's knows what I meeeeens.

"The phone calls are recorded for training purposes"- evidently not elocution training.

Back to topic.  It's an absolute disgrace making so much profit, especially when times are so tough.  Bear in mind that "profit" will mean after spending whatever it is they spend on developing infrastructure and expanding renewable resources.

GrannyMac

I like Tesco call centre, its in Scotland, so immediate rapport! 😄
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖