GB News annoying me

Started by klondike, December 20, 2023, 10:23:56 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

I started getting their newsletter. I don't recall signing up for it but looked anyway. One of the links yesterday was to a members only story. I don't want to subscribe and I don't want a newsletter containing links that ask me to so I unsubscribed.

I got another today. It too had a members only story link. I've unsubscribed again and also clicked the don't dend me any emails. The next one will  just be marked as spam and if others do the same thing Gmail will be putting all their newsletters into spam for everybody. Some marketing wonks have no clue.

JBR

I can honestly say that I have never been bombarded with such things from GB News.
I watch it every morning and find it generally unbiased, certainly compared to the BBC.
They advertise, of course, but after a few seconds you are permitted to slick 'Skip' and remove the rest of the ads.
I also visit their online site, when I get a round tuit, and find that (unlike some places, eg, the Express) there are few, if any, stupid comments from readers, and the news articles on that site are well-balanced and not biased against any particular group.
In short, I find it the best news service... and it's free!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

GrannyMac

My OH would agree JBR. Its his go to news programme now.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Cassandra

Quote from: JBR on December 20, 2023, 11:07:57 AMI can honestly say that I have never been bombarded with such things from GB News.
I watch it every morning and find it generally unbiased, certainly compared to the BBC.
They advertise, of course, but after a few seconds you are permitted to slick 'Skip' and remove the rest of the ads.
I also visit their online site, when I get a round tuit, and find that (unlike some places, eg, the Express) there are few, if any, stupid comments from readers, and the news articles on that site are well-balanced and not biased against any particular group.
In short, I find it the best news service... and it's free!

Used to have GB News as the 'Tune - up' station, but got fed up with the mangle of Ads' - Stupid woman who lost 3 oz's of weight by having her brain removed Hiiiiiiiii-eeeeee. Second hand watches, aggravating shouty welsh adverts etc etc. So I switched to 'Talk TV for Mike Graham and Kevin o'Sullivan. However now, they too have the same 6 ads repeating every ten mins, thanks to the Woke, Snowflakes that direct advertising funds to all the lefty channels like ITV, Ch4 etc and boycott my favourite two channels.

Whats 'slick skip' please, is it a cleverly hidden ability in 'Settings'? I record all my stuff mostly because of the 5 hour time difference interlude and just fast forward the ads anyway, but an ability to dodge all this dumbed down, idiot stricken Gen Z rubbish would be most welcome ...
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

klondike

There never were adverts in the catchup using the GBNews app. They used to have very repetetive promotions of their own shows which lasted three minutes and the skip in the app was 10 seconds so it was just a case of counting. Recently though they have pretty much dropped all of the trails in the ad breaks.

In short don't record use the app. If you watch on YouTube you get their ads of course unless you pay to avoid them.

Cassandra

Quote from: klondike on December 20, 2023, 12:59:40 PMThere never were adverts in the catchup using the GBNews app. They used to have very repetetive promotions of their own shows which lasted three minutes and the skip in the app was 10 seconds so it was just a case of counting. Recently though they have pretty much dropped all of the trails in the ad breaks.

In short don't record use the app. If you watch on YouTube you get their ads of course unless you pay to avoid them.

Thank you Mike
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

JBR

Quote from: Cassandra on December 20, 2023, 12:47:29 PMUsed to have GB News as the 'Tune - up' station, but got fed up with the mangle of Ads' - Stupid woman who lost 3 oz's of weight by having her brain removed Hiiiiiiiii-eeeeee. Second hand watches, aggravating shouty welsh adverts etc etc. So I switched to 'Talk TV for Mike Graham and Kevin o'Sullivan. However now, they too have the same 6 ads repeating every ten mins, thanks to the Woke, Snowflakes that direct advertising funds to all the lefty channels like ITV, Ch4 etc and boycott my favourite two channels.

Whats 'slick skip' please, is it a cleverly hidden ability in 'Settings'? I record all my stuff mostly because of the 5 hour time difference interlude and just fast forward the ads anyway, but an ability to dodge all this dumbed down, idiot stricken Gen Z rubbish would be most welcome ...
My apologies.  This is one of my very rare mis-typings.
I intended to write "click 'skip'".
When adverts come on, there is often the opportunity to click the word 'skip' which ditches the adverts.
Sorry.

dextrous63

One round of the rosary for you JB.

JBR

Quote from: dextrous63 on December 20, 2023, 06:03:09 PMOne round of the rosary for you JB.
I'd rather have a pint... or a shot of Laphroaig, thank you.

Alex

I'm upset with GB News AND Talk Radio.  Not only did they move Mike Graham to 9pm so I miss my shot of Mike & Ken, but they've also moved Patrick Christys to 9pm too.   Some of us are in bed by then  :x3: