Why do some women celebs do this?

Started by klondike, December 01, 2023, 05:26:23 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

Watched last night's Farage on catchup. One of the guests was Kerry Katona (a name I recognise but that's about it) apparently she won I'm a Celebrity some years back and the interview was about her experience on the program. The thing that struck me was why on earth did she do this to her face.

Pictures are smeary as I just did screen grabs from YouTube.

They must have all seen how others look with the trout lips. Can they really think it is a good look?

Raven

Personally I hate the look. I don't think plastic surgery should be available unless you've had a bad accident and need it for health reasons. But that's just me.
Michael Jackson is a prime example of what it can do to you when you mess around with nature.
Besides, Even if I could afford it I wouldn't feed greedy pigs any money.  :waiting:

Cassandra

Could be useful though. Wet those lips and fasten yourself to a window when theres no sleeping room, or on the Tube at rush hour..

Alternatively make new family friends when taking a swim ...
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Raven

Scrumpy

What on earth do they see when they look in a mirror.!
Being vain they must look at themselves often..
You can not make a mature face young again because it doesn't go with the rest of your body, or the way one moves..
A little bit is ok I guess but some women , and men , go overboard..
Even my lovely Robert Redford has gone too far..
None of their close friends have the guts to tell them.. They are given false praise and the surgeons are lining their pockets.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

I, too, find it off-putting and perhaps even a little humorous.
I think it's the brainless ones who see some 'celebrity' having had their face distorted and decide that it's the trendy thing to do.  I wonder whether any of them realise what they'll look like when they're older.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

What about the false lashes? She has them and so does the presenter standing in for Farage. The presenter hasn't gone for the trout look or any obvious (to me) face repairs but does use false lashes.

They always remind me of...

Alex

I used to wear falsh lashes...... one night in a club, a bit worse for wear, I was chatting away and one fell into my drink, I blamed the heat :grin:

The pout look is awful, don't they realise that it stands out like a sore thumb.  Not a good luck.
While we're on the subject I remember worrying that trousers or a tight skirt would make my bum look big, NOW they pay thousands to get a big bum, where's the sense in that ?

JBR

Quote from: Alex on December 01, 2023, 07:31:17 PMI used to wear falsh lashes...... one night in a club, a bit worse for wear, I was chatting away and one fell into my drink, I blamed the heat :grin:

The pout look is awful, don't they realise that it stands out like a sore thumb.  Not a good luck.
While we're on the subject I remember worrying that trousers or a tight skirt would make my bum look big, NOW they pay thousands to get a big bum, where's the sense in that ?
Oh, I have nothing against tight miniskirts.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

but you wish you did...   :grin:

Can't be  waiting for Phil....

dextrous63

Off the top of my head and without too much thought, I recall Boris Karloff dressing up as Frankenstein's monster, Charles Laughton as Quasimodo, John Mills in Ryan's Daughter and John Hurt in the Elephant Man.

These actors will have spent many hours in make-up to look like freaks of nature to horrify people.  Curiously, a fair few folk nowadays think that a permanent change creating the same sort of reaction is a good thing.  Very strange!

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

GrannyMac

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Ruthio

Did anyone see Cher on Graham Norton Friday? 🤯

Raven

Nope, I never watch that programme, I can't stand the sight or sound of that Wee Nyaff. :nooo: