Is there anybody there?

Started by dextrous63, November 16, 2023, 09:28:28 PM

« previous - next »

dextrous63

Crikey? Nobody's posted anything since mid afternoon!!!

Scarily quiet!

Ruthio

Maybe they're all in the Other Place!! 🤣

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

It is sad.. but it seems to be happening ' over there' too.. 
They had the 'big rush'.. Everyone excited about a new forum.. Friends met up with friends and everyone had something to say.. Then it started to dwindle.. at one time it was Brian who was actually keeping the forum alive.. But, someone in the 'Newbies' had a moan about that .. so Brian was put to one side.. The site has a few threads going for it.. but even those threads are getting a bit 'long in the tooth'... Muddy keeps the site alive..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

well, I'm here, so it can't all be good!
[email protected]

JBR

I'm here.  I usually am.

Unfortunately, this site is very quiet compared to the mother ship.
That has disadvantages and advantages, but I'd like to see more.
For my part, I have decided to restrict my Waffle games to this site and not post them on t'other.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

I'm afraid it's going to be a case of use it or lose it. The forum has been slowly falling into disuse. The domain name comes up for renewal early January. If usage continues to be as low as it is now I see no point in renewing it and this forum will close.

Michael Rolls

your decision, but I will really miss it
[email protected]

Alex

I've asked a friend of mine to take a look, she hasn't appeared up to now.  She did say she "doesn't really do forums"  a lot of people don't.  I'll try again with some friends from Whats App.

It would be a real shame if we close.

Scrumpy

Quote from: klondike on November 17, 2023, 10:09:48 AMI'm afraid it's going to be a case of use it or lose it. The forum has been slowly falling into disuse. The domain name comes up for renewal early January. If usage continues to be as low as it is now I see no point in renewing it and this forum will close.

That really is sad.. But I agree with you.. You have little choice..

You have been brilliant and I congratulate you on all you have done..
People don't know we are here.. and , as you say, PF has the top spot.. 
Even that spot struggled until the influx.. 
At least we will see Christmas out...  :yahoo: 

Raven

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that chat forums are going out of fashion.
All seems to be Tic toc, Twitter, and places like that. I am only on FB to keep in touch with my family in Aus and the US, have a few friends there too, but I only spend about 10 minutes a day on the Site.
Since Dunc semi retired I am not on my own nearly so much either, my computer time has dropped off as himself is not a fan of the Internet.

Scrumpy

I think Raven is right.. FB is not as popular as it once was.. My family do not use it anymore.. We go on to WhatsApp..
I don't use Twitter.. I prefer forums where you get to know people .. Or think you do.. 
I think me and Jonesy will go on a dating site.. and try to 'crack it' there.. :wink: :grin:  

Scrumpy

Jonesy..  Change of plan.. What with your dodgy hip and my wobbly legs I think we will take up crochet..  Or we can learn how to cook gravy..  :grin: :grin:
Suggestions please.. 

GrannyMac

Quote from: Scrumpy on November 17, 2023, 10:48:50 AMThat really is sad.. But I agree with you.. You have little choice..

You have been brilliant and I congratulate you on all you have done..
People don't know we are here.. and , as you say, PF has the top spot..
Even that spot struggled until the influx..
At least we will see Christmas out...  :yahoo:
Perfectly put Scrumpy.  I'll miss this little group more than t'other. 😥. I'll have to play my Wordle type games all by myself.  😭
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

JBR

Quote from: klondike on November 17, 2023, 10:09:48 AMI'm afraid it's going to be a case of use it or lose it. The forum has been slowly falling into disuse. The domain name comes up for renewal early January. If usage continues to be as low as it is now I see no point in renewing it and this forum will close.
That is very sad.
We do need more members and I have tried to mention the site to others, even on the mother ship but we all know that that is virtually impossible.
I'm sure that there are people over there who would like to come here if only they knew about it.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire