Aljazeera

Started by Alex, November 05, 2023, 11:09:07 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

I know this channel is run by a middle eastern country and is therefore pro Palestine, but it's good to hear the other side sometimes.  It's so heartbreaking to see pictures of injured and dying children and I understand why so many people are now against Israel.  Scenes from hospitals show  men holding their dead children, not a woman in sight how strange is that !

I wonder how our parents felt when children were killed in Hamburg, Koln and Berlin after RAF bombing ? Did the world call for a cease fire to save German children ?

Bit of a ramble for a Sunday morning I know.   :boo:  sorry.

Raven

Know where your coming from and I agree.

klondike

I take all war reporting with a big pinch of salt. Both sides only show what they want the world to see and what you see isn't always exactly what it seems.

Remember the bombed hospital which turned out to be a hospital carpark damaged by a malfunctioning Palestinian rocket?

There would be no dead children in Gaza if Hamas had not launched a terrorist attack on that Israeli music festival.

Alex

" There would be no dead children in Gaza if Hamas had not launched a terrorist attack on that Israeli music festival. "  yes you're right, there was already a cease fire which Hamas broke.   I think I said here, or on the mother ship Hamas has the most efficient propaganda set up EVER, it's no wonder people are taken in. 

Michael Rolls

Quote from: Alex on November 05, 2023, 11:09:07 AMI know this channel is run by a middle eastern country and is therefore pro Palestine, but it's good to hear the other side sometimes.  It's so heartbreaking to see pictures of injured and dying children and I understand why so many people are now against Israel.  Scenes from hospitals show  men holding their dead children, not a woman in sight how strange is that !

I wonder how our parents felt when children were killed in Hamburg, Koln and Berlin after RAF bombing ? Did the world call for a cease fire to save German children ?

Bit of a ramble for a Sunday morning I know.   :boo:  sorry.
And the parents of children killed in London, Coventry, Rotterdam, et al? Any Germans calling for a cease fire?
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Ashy

What we can say is that truth is the first casualty in war.

JBR

Like others, I feel sorry for the innocents.
However, the full blame should be assigned where it truly belongs: Hamas.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Raven

Quote from: JBR on November 05, 2023, 07:57:53 PMLike others, I feel sorry for the innocents.
However, the full blame should be assigned where it truly belongs: Hamas.

Exactly. :upvote: these protesters/activists should stop causing trouble. The police need to become real police again and sort the Scunners out.

JBR

Quote from: Raven on November 05, 2023, 08:31:28 PMExactly. :upvote: these protesters/activists should stop causing trouble. The police need to become real police again and sort the Scunners out.
Just two minor problems here.

Firstly, the plods on the ground have become used to acting as social services - giving out tea and biscuits to people who have unfortunately found their hands glued to the road.

The senior police are almost uniquely recent university graduates in sociology who have benefited from rapid promotion beginning at inspector level and progressing upwards from there.  Consequently, they don't have the faintest idea about fighting crime, but fully support the social services staff beneath them.

For some reason, the word Bliar springs to mind.

Raven

As I said, the police need to become real police again.

JBR

Quote from: Raven on November 05, 2023, 09:13:33 PMAs I said, the police need to become real police again.
They do indeed, but can the damage now be undone?

klondike

I read that some with parachute badges have been charged so they must be checking the video footage, To be fair with the size of the mobs and the likely number of police if they did get heavy handed and something kicked off we could be looking at dead coppers. If only they had some water canon  :rolleyes:

dextrous63

All that is needed is for a sizeable contingent of the LGBQT brigade to skip towards them and they'll go running and screaming in all directions.  It'll be like introducing kryptonite to Clark Kent.  Confronting them with the one thing they're shit scared of.