wigs,

Started by alfred, June 15, 2023, 07:16:29 PM

« previous - next »

Cassandra

Quote from: Scrumpy on June 16, 2023, 04:28:50 PMI alway picture Charles Laughton when I see a wig..
I think the film was called. Witness for the Prosecution..

One of my fathers favourites, we had it on a 16mm projector reel!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Scrumpy

You took a while to respond there Martin.. :busted:
Is everything well with you..? Not getting forgetful are you?
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Cassandra

Quote from: Scrumpy on June 27, 2023, 04:47:40 PMYou took a while to respond there Martin.. :busted:
Is everything well with you..? Not getting forgetful are you?

Catching up! Been out on my neighbours 'craft' (Great lakes going, luxury converted Tug) into Lake Superior. We were gone nearly a fortnight and our anglers caught some beautiful fish that we ate every night. Also we had a really state of the art robotic sub on board and viewing the eerie wrecks on the bottom from coal powered steamers to clippers was amazing as they are so clear when the waters are calm and of course incredibly well preserved. Superior is over 1300 ft deep and very very cold as some of our party found out. I've never slept as well, the air was so pure to breathe. Albert came with me, but was never tempted into the water, but became very excited when some of the larger fish were caught. We had a super cabin to ourselves and he was most appreciative of the feather down Duvet! We discovered he's very impressed with filleted brown trout and we had an ex retired head chef at the London Savoy on our 'boys trip' to cook it for us. One restaurant we went to whilst on Minnesota bank, exchanged some of our fresh fish for a bucket of prawns and our little Mascot was very popular with the ladies who served him up with his own dish. What a Dogs Life! - still he's worth it don't you think?

Scrumpy

Oh! Albert.. You have stolen my heart 💓 
It is certainly a 'dogs life'...
Wonderful adventures... 

It is another world that you live Martin..x

Alex

What a little sweetie Albert is and yes, he's worth it !  A face to melt hearts Cass.
It's great hearing about your adventures, please keep them coming :upvote:

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

GrannyMac

What a cutie.  And a well behaved one too.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Cassandra

Quote from: Alex on June 27, 2023, 10:14:20 PMWhat a little sweetie Albert is and yes, he's worth it !  A face to melt hearts Cass.
It's great hearing about your adventures, please keep them coming :upvote:

Next month we're going South, right down the Lake to Chicago. When we got back the other two had the place to themselves in the day until 'Tillie' took them home with her after airing the house etc in the daytime. The Horses were thrilled to see us and Dixie had her head through the Kitchen 'stable half door' on and off all evening.

Albert is a pleasure to be with, he's so intelligent and to be parted from me for even a short time incites great sorrow upon him, so he always accompanies me. In the picture I posted, I have to say "Now be grateful for what your about to receive" before he'll eat (its a little ritual he goes through at dinner times). You can probably tell from his eyes he was virtually pleading for the go ahead. He charmed those ladies in the Restaurant we ate at for three nights and had them in his pad of his paw believe me.

Of course the areas we sailed too were all new to me, but I was so impressed with the many people who upon hearing my accent expressed their sympathy for the loss of late Queen, as had everyone back in my home town at the time.

Apparently we're going an an 'Al Capone' tour - which is supposedly really good value - I'll keep you posted.

Alex

The Windy City eh, will look forward to hearing about it  :upvote:

Michael Rolls

cue Doris Day as Calamity Jane  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:
[email protected]

Alex

Yes indeed Mike my favourite film as a kid !

Michael Rolls

great, wasn't it!
[email protected]

Scrumpy

What on earth would we do without you regaling your adventures Martin.. The TV is so dull at the moment..

Jacqueline

Your trip sound's amazing, your little companion Albert is so cute.

Cassandra

Thank you ladies, I must say the trip back down Lake's Superior and Michigan was awe inspiring, schools of fish competed with the boat for speed and the size of their mass on the Sonar was amazing to comprehend. I needed a kip every afternoon after lunch as the air was so tiring. Albert was exactly the same and fell asleep next to me as well.

Here's pic of the cabin we shared ...