Early signs of dementia

Started by zoony, March 10, 2022, 12:17:28 AM

« previous - next »

crabbyob

the drive from Doncaster to Barn Hill in Cambridge is the only drive i dont need sat Nav for, i get on the motorway at Donny and stay on it till i get to the Huntingdon bypass.... then one day the bypass was blocked off.. i actually panicked, eventually i turned off the motorway and parked up, and just sat there, then i took the window down and took deep breaths, then got my phone out, i dont know why, then i remembered Google maps typed in the post code, and off i went, then it started to rain and i couldnt reamember how to close the window...lol... i'd had an episode... of what i dont know, but i had to drive an extra forty odd miles...

Scrumpy

Then I couldn't remember how to close the window...

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:  That's the best laugh I've had this week..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

crabbyob

just wait till your really old, all those bloody buttons, while consentrating on driving, my god...
now i have a different car with even more gadgets, its not easy being me you know...

klondike

My son had a 4x4 and got fed up not being able to fill up in one go with the £99 pump limit. He got an electric car instead. Double bonus. With all the smarts it can pretty much drive itself and his fuel cost is about ¼ of what it was.

Scrumpy

Quote from: crabbyob on March 10, 2022, 11:29:32 AM
just wait till your really old, all those bloody buttons, while consentrating on driving, my god...
now i have a different car with even more gadgets, its not easy being me you know...

I was driving back from Crawley.. Something I can do with my eyes closed.! I too came up against a 'road closed' sign.. I too panicked.. but told myself to just 'get on with it'..
With 'confidence' I carried on driving..
A couple of round-a-bouts later I found myself on the perimeter road of Gatwick Airport..
Security .. were very kind.. :grin:

Scrumpy

.. and I have just found myself standing (confused) in the shed with a bucket that I was going to fill with water.. The water tap is to the right of the shed..!!
You see, the shed door was open so I went in..!!  :grin: :grin:

Michael Rolls

Watch out - there might be aliens
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

zoony

It does worry me when using the computer, that very familiar pathways can suddenly leave me clueless half-way through as to what to do next! [2040] Thankfully it's very  temporary.. at the moment!

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

I completely lose words I am well aware of. I went through a spell of losing the word cormorant. I ended up just calling them the C bird. Don't do that one now but do with other words from time to time.

Scrumpy

Just a 'blip' Zoony..
It doesn't only happen to those with clever minds who know exactly what they are doing (like you) .. It also happens to those who are not so clever (like me)...
It will pass. Try not to worry so much.. It only makes things worse.. x

-Oy-

One thing is certain. None of us are getting out of this thing alive!
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

Scrumpy

Quote from: klondike on March 10, 2022, 06:50:34 PM
I completely lose words I am well aware of. I went through a spell of losing the word cormorant. I ended up just calling them the C bird. Don't do that one now but do with other words from time to time.

I too lose words from time to time.. Sometimes just simple words that I should know.. If my family are near they will put me right.. If I'm on my own I replace the missing word with a swear one..It works..

Raven

Quote from: -Oy- on March 10, 2022, 07:38:19 PM
One thing is certain. None of us are getting out of this thing alive!

True.

[automatically pruned due to age]