when it comes to the crunch,

Started by alfred, July 26, 2022, 08:13:04 AM

« previous - next »

alfred

Of course I'm writing about bacon, salted, unsalted, thin thick , rashers or streaky 
how do you like yours fried , and do you  have mouth watering ideas as to how to make bacon sandwiches that are much more interesting to the palate

klondike

The way to make a bacon sandwich more interesting is to put extra bacon in it  :grin:

Raven

Fried streaky or back bacon unsmoked for us. Fried till crispy, Himself likes brown sauce with his but I prefer nothing added. Again, something I don't eat much because of frying but I always have it in the fridge for Himself either for breakfast or lunch times.

Scrumpy

White bread only for a bacon sandwich.. Streaky or back (unsmoked)..
Tomato ketchup or brown sauce.. My family like mayonnaise but not for me..
Sometimes I like it very crispy.. so I use streaky bacon..
I cook my bacon in the frying pan with a tiny amount of butter..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

I use the frying pan too, but no oil or butter. I love crispy bacon preferably on a white barmcake, sometimes with a fried  egg on top.    My one complaint about bacon of all types, is you get a lot of water in the pan, those little white bits which I painstakingly mop up with kitchen roll. :yay:

GrannyMac

Smoked back, grilled til crispy, preferably on a soft white morning roll (or as they are called here 'breadcake'), with a dollop of ketchup. My OH makes great bacon butties!
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖