Doctors

Started by klondike, April 25, 2024, 08:12:35 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

A lot for you to take in Raven, I wish you well with the treatment  :upvote:

GrannyMac

Quote from: 1955vintage on Yesterday at 09:55:41 PMNurses are usually blessed with more common sense than doctors and more compassion.However, the training requirement for nurses is not the same, the selection process is much tougher for doctors, if you want a diagnosis, go to a doctor.
Absolutely.  However, ACPs/ANPs are matron grade.  They have undertaken far more training than nurses or paramedics, and carry out a lot of the work that used to be undertaken by doctors.   In theory they free up the doctors for more complex cases and also save the NHS money.  
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

1955vintage

My wife worked for the NHS as a occupational therapist. Her assistant , who was bone idle and useless, was offered the chance to be a health care practitioner. She encouraged the move to get rid of the assistant.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

Raven

Quote from: Alex on Today at 07:53:45 AMA lot for you to take in Raven, I wish you well with the treatment  :upvote:

Thanks Alex.  :smiley:

JBR

Quote from: GrannyMac on Today at 08:48:14 AMAbsolutely.  However, ACPs/ANPs are matron grade.  They have undertaken far more training than nurses or paramedics, and carry out a lot of the work that used to be undertaken by doctors.  In theory they free up the doctors for more complex cases and also save the NHS money. 
I agree, and I see this as a sensible, practical solution to the problems today.

With a rapidly increasing population today in this country, the difficulty of being seen by a health professional - any health professional - is a foreseeable consequence.
The obvious solution, which could effectively reverse this trend, is clear to me but for some reason the people running this country seem oblivious to it.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire