Klondike

Started by Sheila, May 05, 2022, 05:40:47 PM

« previous - next »

Sheila

Could you help please?

My Android phone keeps telling me that OneDrive stops working.  Can you assume absolutely no knowledge and tell me what to do please?

klondike

Sorry but I don't use Onedrive. Checking google it seems to be a common problem though and there are lots of suggested fixes.

Given that information my personal suggested fix would be to give up on Onedrive and use something that I've never had problems with on Android - google photos or google drive for data. Both work as web applications so will be fine on Windows too.

If you don't actually use Onedrive on the phone then just uninstall it. If it was preinstalled you will be able to disable it instead.

Sheila

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on May 05, 2022, 06:31:37 PM
Sorry but I don't use Onedrive. Checking google it seems to be a common problem though and there are lots of suggested fixes.

Given that information my personal suggested fix would be to give up on Onedrive and use something that I've never had problems with on Android - google photos or google drive for data. Both work as web applications so will be fine on Windows too.

If you don't actually use Onedrive on the phone then just uninstall it. If it was preinstalled you will be able to disable it instead.

I don't use OneDrive either on my phone or on any PC.

I do use Google Drive on my smartphone & it's set to make automatic backups.

I only use it for when I replace my phone so that everything transfers across from my old phone.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Onedrive is really a windows thing I think. Certainly it was developed by MS and there has been a tendency for some brands to preinstall the Android versions of MS Office apps so I wondered if it was preinstalled and unused.

Just checked my Samsung phone and see it is installed on there and I certainly didn't install it. I think it had all the MS Office stuff which I would have unintstalled.

Michael Rolls

I have OneDrive on the two W10 machines. Don't understand it, never used it
Reluctant to uninstall it in case it messes with something else
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

I don't think you can uninstall it on Windows easily. My suggestion to uninstall or disable it was for Sheila's Android phone.

I think it is the MS equivalent of Googledrive. I make my own PC backup arrangements but like Diasi do let google sync my stuff to make changing phones easier.