Partygate fines for Boris Johnson and Rishi Sunak

Started by klondike, April 12, 2022, 02:18:03 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

in the latest batch of 30,

https://www.itv.com/news/2022-04-12/more-than-30-new-partygate-fines-as-total-government-covid-breaches-exceeds-50

Unsurprisingly...

Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer called on the UK's two most powerful politicians to resign, saying the police fines prove they had "broken the law and repeatedly lied to the British public".

"They must both resign," Sir Keir said, "the Conservatives are totally unfit to govern. Britain deserves better".

Not that I expect either will.

Poor Rishi...

An American, an Englishmen and an Indian walked into a pub.

"On your own Mr. Sunak?" asked the barman "Want your usual?"

Michael Rolls

does anyone think that the 'UK deserves better' would include Starmer?
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

1955vintage

We do deserve better, but the Labour party has not been a better alternative for decades.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

Michael Rolls

true, in both respects. This is a pretty poor government, but the alternative.................
[email protected]

Diasi

The UK public never fail to amaze me, with all the problems, all they're bothered about is a few drinks amongst staff who were already at Number 10 because they work there, which has been spun by the pplice into parties.

Anyway, if the choice is between Boris, who had a drink at a so-called party, or Starmer, who was in charge of the CPS when Savile avoided prosecution, I'll stick with Boris, thank you.

The fixed penalty notices have been paid so that's it.

What next, resign for a traffic offence fixed penalty notice?

P.S. Funny how Starmer, shown with a pint in his hand in a constituency office, wasn't attending a party.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

perhaps it is being claimed that Labour isn't a proper party any more
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on April 13, 2022, 04:44:25 AM
perhaps it is being claimed that Labour isn't a proper party any more

Lol, good drole reply.  :grin:

The Tories should be trawling to see if Starmer has ever had a fixed penalty parking or speeding ticket.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

That won't do any good.

Starmer didn't set the speeding rules and isn't in office. The fuss isn't about the offence but that the government set the rules that were said to be broken by the police (very weak in the case of Boris imo) then said many times that no rules were broken. There are supposed to be a lot more party photos so there could be more fines coming.

Politics is all about mud slinging. So for it's more like bogey flicking and missing.

Raven

It's not the fact that they had a drink in the workplace, when they were already there, it's the lies. No wonder himself skuddled off to Ukraine to get his pic in the papers doing some good for that Country, when he knew what was coming.
That lot are serial liars, always have been always will be. How dare they break the law then lie about it, they are not above the law and he should lead by example not say to hell with it, and party on.

Alex

Would you rather see Starmer in number 10 Raven  ? :hmm:

Raven

1955vintage

While I do not think Starmer would be a significant change , it would worry me about the company he keeps. The idea of Rayner, Lammy, Abbott and McDonnel being in a position of power is frightening.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

klondike

I reckon poor Dianne is a busted flush now. The others could maybe still appear on a Labour front bench. It's the fruitcake members being in control of who is leader that is most troubling. It was their votes that put Corbyn in place.

Diasi

Quote from: Raven on April 13, 2022, 09:51:26 AM
It's not the fact that they had a drink in the workplace, when they were already there, it's the lies. No wonder himself skuddled off to Ukraine to get his pic in the papers doing some good for that Country, when he knew what was coming.
That lot are serial liars, always have been always will be. How dare they break the law then lie about it, they are not above the law and he should lead by example not say to hell with it, and party on.

You don't have to have told a lie to say you've not broken the law when in fact you have.

For example, at the bottom of all benefit claim forms there's a section where a person signs the form as true & correct to their best knowledge.

If, at a later date, the form if found to be incorrect, the person who signed it may have genuinely thought it was correct at the time & no offence has been committed.

If Boris invited 50 people to a party at Number 10 when only he & Carrie were on the premises then they're all going to a party & Boris nows it's a party.

When 50 empoyees are already in Number 10, working, & because it's a nice sunny day someone suggests a few drinks outside on the lawn, I certainly wouldn't have thought I was attending a party so a fixed penalty notice for me.

I wouldn't have lied as I wouldn't have thought I was at a party & I would be entitled to state that I didn't think it was a party at the time I said it wasn't.

For those with little to no understanding of the law it's known as 'guilty knowledge'.
[email protected]

Alex

Good explanation Phil.    I cannot believe that the media and lefties in general do not know what is in store for them, should they succeed in bringing down the Government, which lets face it, is what it's all about - not just getting Boris sacked.