Partygate fines for Boris Johnson and Rishi Sunak

Started by klondike, April 12, 2022, 02:18:03 PM

« previous - next »

GrannyMac

Perhaps they should focus on the drop in unemployment, or the support for Ukraine. I can't see any reasonable alternative to Boris ATM.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

-Oy-

Quote from: GrannyMac on April 13, 2022, 06:16:02 PM
Perhaps they should focus on the drop in unemployment, or the support for Ukraine. I can't see any reasonable alternative to Boris ATM.
That's the problem. Leadership at an any level should be based on the cornerstones of Truth and Integrity. This Government has neither. If there's no reasonable alternative then we really are scewed!
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

Cassandra

Johnson's and Sunak are both 'mea culpa' (self admittance) specifically guilty of "imputed knowledge". A consideration Diasi, has herein referred to as "guilty knowledge". The same has been an historic response by the ungodly, who purchase items in 'the pub' having had good reason to believe them stolen, by the ultra cheap price they are tended at?

What a grubby place for our Prime Minister, his spouse and Chancellor to be.

When the house returns I believe there exists a strong case for Johnson to face a vote of no confidence for his misleading parliament again. An offence he has previously been charged with in March '21 over NHS Covid contracts. In the Houses of Parliament, the decision of guilt is democratically decided by the entirely unbiased jury of the ruling majority! Presently Johnson's party possess an 80 odd advantage - hardly an objective congress of decision, in fact a system that encourages ongoing mendacity! If you own the court, it will consistently support you in your subterfuges.

It's not the case in law to consider 'unconnected circumstances' (Covid, Ukraine etc) that are tendentiously presented as mitigation.

For instance pleading not guilty to speeding by way of suggesting your mind was distracted by something else doesn't work.

In conclusive finality we are left with the simple fact that the UK is led by convicted unprincipled liars, only admitting such after a police inquiry charged them.

They also chose to jointly participate with others within this offence. These accompanist felons typically aid the detailed creation of regulatory statutes. Typically these result in sanctions being levied upon citizens found guilty for offences such civil apparatchiks so frivolously disregard as inapplicable to them.

It's the thought process, within the arrogance and hypocrisy of such people thats so disgusting to contemplate.

My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Diasi

Hi Cassandra, thanks for a far fuller explanation than I could have given.

What concerns me is the fact that one of the events was a surprise birthday party for Boris which coincided with a meeting in the Cabinet Office.

I would argue that, since the clue lies in the word 'surprise', Boris Johnson wouldn't have known about it otherwise it wouldn't have been a surprise & the word would therefore be redundant.

Rishi Sunak walked into the Cabinet Office to attend a meeting & found himself at an inpromptu birthday celebration, of which he was totally unaware & for which he has been fined.

Had I been at the meeting I certainly wouldn't have considered myself to be at a party.

During my career there were numerous occasions when members of staff would provide refreshments to mark some occasion or other but until it happened I was none the wiser before the event & I certainly didn't consider that we'd had a party in the office.

Anyway, my bottom line is that I don't have time to waste contemplating utter trivia in the current immigration, economic & world events.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Cassandra

Quote from: Diasi on April 14, 2022, 08:16:27 AM
Hi Cassandra, thanks for a far fuller explanation than I could have given.

What concerns me is the fact that one of the events was a surprise birthday party for Boris which coincided with an meeting in the Cabinet Office.

I would argue that, since the clue lies in the word 'surprise', Boris Johnson wouldn't have known about it otherwise it wouldn't have been a surprise & the word would therefore be redundant.

Rishi Sunak walked into the Cabinet Office to attend a meeting & found himself at an inpromptu birthday celebration, of which he was totally unaware & for which he has been fined.

Had I been at the meeting I certainly wouldn't have considered myself to be at a party.

During my career there were numerous occasions when members of staff would provide refreshments to mark some occasion or other but until it happened I was none the wiser before the event & I certainly didn't consider that we'd had a party in the office.

Anyway, my bottom line is that I don't have time to waste contemplating utter trivia in the current immigration, economic & world events.

Afternoon Diasi,

In my opinion whoever is advising the Johnsons and Sunak are absolutely right in recommending a 'guilty' admission, without challenge.

If it were a surprise party then he should have immediately dismissed this, shall we say gathering and sent all those therein assembled home, or immediately back to their workstation. The counsel will have explained that this was not just a simple 'Happy Birthday' address in a works canteen for 'Harry Bloke'. It was within the Prime Ministers's formal residence and administrative office.

The very fact that a 'cake' was present therefore suggests aforethought by someone intending to cause an unnecessary and illegal scission of persons to become therein assembled. By co-joining and not rejecting this agglomerate he was therefore supportive to cause a breach of the very legislation the seal of Prime Minister had recently approved.

Sunak is guilty by association in not instructing disassembly.

I believe there will be further prosecutions to come. For me it's a simple judgement of him being palpable of guilt by cognitive participation. This may appear a minor matter to some and I fully understand that viewpoint. To me its just another example of his 'devil may care' insouciance towards the law and his total lack of gravitas and judgement overall.

klondike

I've already seen mention of another fixed penalty notice heading Boris's way. Whether that was informed speculation or just made up I don't know. Yet.

I must say that the 10 minute gathering one seemed rather lame given other leaked pictures that have been published.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on April 14, 2022, 06:07:00 PM
I've already seen mention of another fixed penalty notice heading Boris's way. Whether that was informed speculation or just made up I don't know. Yet.

I must say that the 10 minute gathering one seemed rather lame given other leaked pictures that have been published.

The so-called birthday party actually lasted 9 minutes, which was the time-gap between two of the numerous meetings held that day in the Cabinet Office & Boris was there waiting for that next meeting.

It was arranged by colleagues to pass on their good wishes to Boris who had recently recovered from a life-threatening bout of Covid.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

Michael Rolls

the more I think about this, the more irritated I get. As a PR exercise -total disaster. OTH - I believe the legislation was intended to prevent folk from gathering together who, without that legislation would have so gathered. These were people who had already been working together - and given the size of most offices, not just in No. 10 - being unlikely to practice social distancing, etc.- all the working day.
Now, the investigation by the Met - who don't exactly have a 100% record of getting things right regarding this legislation - led (however ineffectually) by the wretched Cressida Dock, and answerable to that well known supporter of Boris, one Sadiq Khan - Hmmm?
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

The bit I don't like is the continuous lies..
Bare faced lies.. The arrogance of both goes beyond acceptance...
Treating those that vote for them as idiots is not a good look.. and idiots we were.. doing as we were told because they told us to..
The sad thing is there is no better option to lead this country..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Nope.

Reform UK seem to be dredging the bottom of the barrel  :grin:

Dear Mark,
Barely a week passes without yet another scandalous story of Westminster sleaze and corruption, involving everything from rule-breaking, tax dodging and inappropriate lobbying to drug-taking and sexual assault.

Even the Conservative-supporting Sunday Times now asks, 'Is this the sleaziest Tory Party yet?'

It's time to replace the sleaze-merchants and careerists who believe in nothing more than their own re-election. We need a new sort of MP, capable men and women who will stand with the people and stand by their principles.

DONATE TO REFORM UK
In short, we need MPs like you. That's why I am asking you this Easter weekend to consider applying to stand as a Reform UK candidate at the next general election.

STAND FOR US
The rot in Westminster starts at the top. Prime Minister Boris Johnson has been fined for rule-breaking in the 'Partygate' scandal, which exposed how Downing Street believed that its punitive lockdown rules were only for the 'little people', not for those in power.

Now Tory Chancellor 'Dishy' Rishi Sunak, the party pin-up touted as Boris's heir, has become mired in scandal. While he imposes tax increases on working people and ignores the crippling cost-of-living crisis, we learn that he did not increase taxes on his wife, who has been living in Downing Street relatively tax-free by enjoying non-dom status.

Cassandra

Quote from: Scrumpy on April 15, 2022, 05:32:42 PM

The bit I don't like is the continuous lies..
Bare faced lies.. The arrogance of both goes beyond acceptance...
Treating those that vote for them as idiots is not a good look.. and idiots we were.. doing as we were told because they told us to..
The sad thing is there is no better option to lead this country..

I was a true Johnson supporter from around twenty years ago, until almost immediately following his achieving the Premiership in 2019.

Flat decorations created doubts, then Lockdown and the refusal to admit the full data results of Covid's exaggerated plandemic convinced me of his flaws and his marriage partner is a hardcore green. This shouldn't effect things, but her past as Zac Goldsmith's assistant reflects in her extreme views on Climate change. Nett-zero's completion date so cunningly reduced without a vote in parliament by a vengeful outgoing T. May in late 2019 is Carrie's métier. Suggestively it seems influencing her weak willed husband's insistence to grind many pensioners and other state dependent paupers into the dust with their idiotic 25% green tax policy and miserly 3.1% 'benefit' upgrades.

I agree the cupboard is bare for replacement material because they are all largely moulded from the same caste. Career, PPE spad made ups, bereft of empathy and large on selfish arrogance.

Perhaps one for the future could be Steve Baker? The May/Hunt/Truss, remoaner horror club will of course try to ruin his career before he gets a crack at it ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Baker_(politician)

Michael Rolls

sounds an interesting chap. Very different career path from most politicians
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Quote from: Cassandra on April 15, 2022, 10:10:22 PM
miserly 3.1% 'benefit' upgrades
Seems amazing that at the time the 8% we would have got should the election pledge have been honoured was described as an artificial high caused by the economy recovering from the pandemic.

They are claiming that inflation will be back at "normal" levels next year but even if that pans out (unlikely imo) it doesn't alter the fact that this years price increases will never be reversed, savings devaluation never recovered and state pension and benefit levels never retrospectively bumped to put the future payments at the level they would have been.

Best of a bad lot? Maybe but this shower still does not deserve rewarding with a further term in office IMO.