Christmas

Started by Alex, December 04, 2023, 10:04:56 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

Will you be sending Christmas cards this year  ?   Most of mine I can hand deliver, but I still have a few that need to be posted.  A couple of friends have decided to put their Christmas wishes on Facebook, it's not the same though  :smiley:

I had 3 cards delivered on Saturday, so I guess I'll just be sticking to my normal routine.  It's now 75 pence for a 2nd Class stamp, which of course is much more than the cost of a card.  I bought a pack of cards in a charity shop a couple of weeks ago, I wish I could remember where I put them  :smiley:

dextrous63

We're trying to limit the number we now send, for environmental reasons and not because it's too blooming expensive.  For the price of a card with stamp we could heat our house for a couple of hours.  We'd rather have a warmer home environment😉😬

Raven

Nope, Haven't for several years now, unless I can hand them to people.  :busted:

Scrumpy

I am sending out 4 by post.. The rest I will deliver or hand over when we meet up..
My daughter has stopped sending cards.. as have a couple of my mates.. 
I saw cards in WH Smith half price today.. Cards are not popular like they were ..
I don't even stand mine up..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

I send mostly E-cards - sadly, most of the folk we used to send 'proper' cards have died in the last few years.
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

This year I'm going to do what I wanted to do in 2021 & ask people not to send me a Christmas card as I find it ridiculous expecting me to have a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

I know the feeling, Phil
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

GrannyMac

Quote from: Scrumpy on December 04, 2023, 12:32:15 PMI am sending out 4 by post.. The rest I will deliver or hand over when we meet up..
My daughter has stopped sending cards.. as have a couple of my mates..
I saw cards in WH Smith half price today.. Cards are not popular like they were ..
I don't even stand mine up..
We send to family in Scotland and points South and West. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

Putting mine in the post today.. All 4 of them.. 
I hope they get there in time. !!!!!

klondike

Alex

I haven't written mine yet !

Scrumpy

Oh! Alex.. Get a move on girl.. The post is struggling to deliver.. 

Alex

klondike

Quote from: Scrumpy on December 06, 2023, 12:18:56 PMOh! Alex.. Get a move on girl.. The post is struggling to deliver..
Only a couple of weeks now.

Can anybody remember when you put a stamp costing a few coppers on a letter and popped it in the post box it would arrive next day. If not by first post then certainly by second.  :rolleyes:

Raven

Very much so. It was a proper service back then.