Rebranding

Started by klondike, October 09, 2023, 02:59:57 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

I can't figure out why companies spend money (doubtless quite a lot) on rebranding. Not quite as strange as Twitter becoming X but my bank Nationwide have decided that their perfectly good logo needs changing to something I regard as rather oddball.

Old then new

JBR

Quote from: klondike on October 09, 2023, 02:59:57 PMI can't figure out why companies spend money (doubtless quite a lot) on rebranding. Not quite as strange as Twitter becoming X but my bank Nationwide have decided that their perfectly good logo needs changing to something I regard as rather oddball.

Old then new

I have noticed that on a recent email received.
We do have Nationwide credit cards which we took out when Amazon (which we use a lot) declared that they would no longer use Visa credit cards which we had been using.
No sooner had we received our Nationwide (non-Visa) credit cards, Amazon instantly changed their minds.
Consequently, we still use our existing Visa cards and poor Nationwide has never actually had any use by us!
Sorry, Nationwide.
I also read the other day that Nationwide is now the biggest building society and will not be closing any of its branches, unlike other companies!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Alex

Nothing better to do I guess

klondike

I reckon it's marketing wonks trying to justify their existence.

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

They obviously have too much money to waste.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..