Magnetic Screens

Started by Alex, March 29, 2023, 08:03:48 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

I always have one of these on the back door as I hate flies, they're quite effective and last 2 or 3 years.  The one I've got now is hanging by a thread, so I though I'd visit Amazon to order a new one - what a surprise they're a lot more expensive than the last time I bought one.  I can't find my previous order either, so did I dream getting one from Amazon ?   :shocked: I'll have to cut down on the sweet sherry  :busted:

dextrous63

£10-£15.  Hardly a huge expense.

Alex

Course it is, I only paid a fiver last time  :grin: it must have been e-bay I think.

dextrous63

Just had a nosey.  Saw one on eBay for £4.79 with free postage.

dextrous63

Reading the specs,  what is a "patridge "? 🤷🏻�♂️

morty

Did you spot on the side where it says ... Do not shoot in face or eyes ...

I'd have thought that was the best place to fire at the fly .. in it's eyes or face.

March 29, 2023, 10:03:05 PM
Quote from: dextrous63 on March 29, 2023, 09:59:56 PMReading the specs,  what is a "patridge "? 🤷🏻�♂️

It's a gunsight consisting of a square post front sight and a rectangular notch rear sight.

I thought everyone knew that Dex ..  [2010]

klondike

I saw a YouTube review featuring one some time ago and wondered what they cost. I never got to reading further than the price...

dextrous63

Quote from: morty on March 29, 2023, 10:00:45 PMDid you spot on the side where it says ... Do not shoot in face or eyes ...

I'd have thought that was the best place to fire at the fly .. in it's eyes or face.

March 29, 2023, 10:03:05 PM
It's a gunsight consisting of a square post front sight and a rectangular notch rear sight.

I thought everyone knew that Dex ..  [2010]

Golly gee, you're just so knowledgeable at times.

klondike

It's that whIch costs the extra £50 over what you'd expect to pay...

Scrumpy

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: 
 America shoot each other.. We shoot flies..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Quote from: Scrumpy on March 30, 2023, 07:41:14 AM:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
 America shoot each other.. We shoot flies..

Idea conceived by a Septic. Natually. Got a problem? Get a gun.

At the Port of Los Angeles, a shipping container holds new weapons in man's battle against one of his oldest adversaries: Musca domestica—the housefly.

The mastermind behind this arsenal is Lorenzo Maggiore, an eighth-grade dropout turned artist who makes an unlikely merchant of death. The sinewy 51-year-old, who favors cargo shorts and wraparound sunglasses, is a surfer and yoga practitioner who speaks in a distinctly Southern California patois.

But when it comes to winged invaders, Mr. Maggiore is no peacenik: He is the creator of a plastic, pump-action shotgun that blasts pests with table salt—he calls it the Bug-a-Salt. While flies are his personal bugaboo, he says the weapon is lethal against mosquitoes, spiders and all sorts of irksome insects.

https://www.bugasalt.com/pages/about-us

Raven

I got mine from Ebay a few weeks back, it cost £7.19 and free postage.  :clap:

Alex

Quote from: Raven on April 15, 2023, 05:56:12 AMI got mine from Ebay a few weeks back, it cost £7.19 and free postage.  :clap:

I went down the e-bay route too Raven only £5 something.  You get what you pay for I suppose, the material isn't as heavy as my last one and this one, the two parts were joined at the top.  It'll do  :smiley:

Raven

I get a new one most years, if I get the heavier one Dageus won't go through it. Silly Ass seems to think it's a shut door, the light one he has no problems with.  :busted: