Cyclists Will Not Like This.

Started by Raven, August 17, 2022, 10:05:05 AM

« previous - next »

Jacqueline

We get the lycra idiot cyclists round here who seem to think a country road is a race track and make it very difficult for cars to pass them.  Then there are those who come to the countryside in their cars, bikes on the roof and think it's Disneyland to ride their bloody bikes, you see families, parents followed by quite small children.  Our roads are narrow, bendy and dangerous, no pavements, blooming great big tractors, giant Hay lorries, Logger lorries (who are lunatics), they are probably as or more dangerous than a city.

JBR

Quote from: Jacqueline on August 17, 2022, 04:54:30 PMWe get the lycra idiot cyclists round here who seem to think a country road is a race track and make it very difficult for cars to pass them.
Yes, that's the thing I find most annoying.  If they behaved themselves and rode in single file next to the kerb it would be OK, but I think they do what you say simply to annoy and inconvenience motorists and to show them that cyclists 'are the boss'.
If any of them get injured due to that selfish attitude, I'd just drive past laughing!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire