Heading off.

Started by Raven, April 27, 2024, 09:53:38 AM

« previous - next »

Raven

Just to say I'm driving down to Perth with Dageus , not too sure how long for. No internet at my house.

Silver Tabby

Have a good time - give Dageus a big cuddle!

klondike

Have a good break. You need a phone that can provide internet access. I'd feel cut off without any.

JBR

Quote from: Raven on April 27, 2024, 09:53:38 AMJust to say I'm driving down to Perth with Dageus , not too sure how long for. No internet at my house.
What is the problem with your lack of internet connection?
Is it a particular supplier?  If so, I'd advise you to look for an alternative.  I have done that in the past.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Alex

Safe journey Raven, take it easy.  :upvote:
Hugs for Dageus x

dextrous63

Hope you have a nice time Raven.  There's a nice swimming pool in Perth (well, there used to be one in 1995 when I took some school children there).

GrannyMac

Enjoy the change, and the peace.  Be kind to yourself .
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

Enjoy your time away.. Drive safely..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Diasi

Stay safe Raven, it's not easy having to adjust to not being able to do what you could once do but I hope you find a way to accept it.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Quote from: JBR on April 27, 2024, 11:07:51 AMWhat is the problem with your lack of internet connection?
Is it a particular supplier?  If so, I'd advise you to look for an alternative.  I have done that in the past.
As Raven is probably not seeing this I'll take a guess - that house is mostly unoccupied so it probably isn't worth paying for a connection. I wouldn't but I'd have a phone with a modest data allowance that could be used as a hotspot. Zero internet for me would put a big hole in my entertainment. 

JBR

Quote from: klondike on April 27, 2024, 07:13:55 PMAs Raven is probably not seeing this I'll take a guess - that house is mostly unoccupied so it probably isn't worth paying for a connection. I wouldn't but I'd have a phone with a modest data allowance that could be used as a hotspot. Zero internet for me would put a big hole in my entertainment.
Ah!  Thank you Klon.
Clearly, I misunderstood.  I mistakenly thought that she had internet but that it had gone off for some reason.
Yes, that makes perfect sense, as does your suggestion of internet via a mobile phone.
I agree, as well, that the internet is not something I could do without.

klondike

Raven clearly can. She often says she's taking a break from it. I don't watch TV apart from streamed catchup and that's mostly just Farage so I'd be newsless without it (and probably a lot happier given the content).

Michael Rolls

enjoy your break,Raven, and give Dageus a cuddle from me as well!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: JBR on April 27, 2024, 07:44:38 PMAh!  Thank you Klon.
Clearly, I misunderstood.  I mistakenly thought that she had internet but that it had gone off for some reason.
Yes, that makes perfect sense, as does your suggestion of internet via a mobile phone.
I agree, as well, that the internet is not something I could do without.
Yes, your bank & all the other agencies will pretty much ensure you can't do without the internet even if you wanted to.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on April 28, 2024, 07:48:51 AMYes, your bank & all the other agencies will pretty much ensure you can't do without the internet even if you wanted to.
Quote from: Diasi on April 28, 2024, 07:48:51 AMYes, your bank & all the other agencies will pretty much ensure you can't do without the internet even if you wanted to.
Yes, of course.  Most organisations prefer to deal with customers' needs online.
It certainly beats using Royal Snail.