DCI Banks

Started by klondike, February 28, 2023, 08:16:45 AM

« previous - next »

Raven

That's good, I thought you would like them.  :yahoo:

klondike

The Scots accent they are read in is easy on the ear but I suspect doesn't add to the authenticity for Scots as I doubt it is Aberdonian by a long chalk. 

klondike

As I read the Logan McrRae books I can't help wondering if Stuart MacBride based Steel on a real person. For some reason in my mind's eye I see Anne Hegerty when reading of Steel. Doubtless Anne would be mortified.

More in line with the thread title I see that Stephen Tompkinson who played Banks is up before the break for GBH and claiming self defence.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on May 03, 2023, 12:08:17 PMAs I read the Logan McrRae books I can't help wondering if Stuart MacBride based Steel on a real person. For some reason in my mind's eye I see Anne Hegerty when reading of Steel. Doubtless Anne would be mortified.

More in line with the thread title I see that Stephen Tompkinson who played Banks is up before the break for GBH and claiming self defence.
It'll be an interesting case since the guy he hit didn't know what had happened until he came out a coma a few days after the assault.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

The neighbour is a witness and from what I read it sounds like DCI Banks is in trouble.

GrannyMac

I saw Stephen Tompkinson on the news yesterday.  He's so thin! Stress related perhaps.

On the book topic, I've got the latest MacBride from the library, The Dead of Winter.  Its a standalone, I've not started it yet, just finishing the latest Jack Reacher tale. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

I have that on my phone but haven't listened to it yet - finishing off my Mcrae and Hegerty stories first  :grin:

Is the Reacher story The Secret? I checked and found I was missing No Plan B as an audiobook but The Secret isn't in my normal audiobook emporium yet.

klondike

Found why I don't see it...
The Secret: Jack Reacher, Book 28
Book 28 of 28: Jack Reacher  | by Lee Child, Andrew Child, et al.
Audible Audiobooks
£0.00 £31.99 
Free with Audible trial
This item will be released on October 24, 2023

TBH I was finding that the Reacher books were becoming very sameish and still have some on my phone unread as yet.

GrannyMac

No, its No Plan B.  They have become sameish. I didn't know about The Secret. 👍🏽

klondike

Michael Rolls

must say I was quite shocked at his appearance - still, I suppose going through that sort of trauma hardly leaves one feeling chipper
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

He does look a 'bit rough' doesn't he !

GrannyMac

Gaunt, I thought. Having to wait so long to have a case heard must be tough.

Alex

'Gaunt' outdoes "bit rough" every time GM  :upvote:   :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

klondike

Bit rough can pass by tomorrow. Looking like he does he could himself.  :sad: